The X Files

What aired in 2015 in the first week of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!? And that will probably give you your answer

I thought it was 2016… shark tank, gogglebox and much more also aired this time last year but didn’t. Perhaps wait for confirmation before making it sound like its been confirmed. Fair enough if that is your gut instinct. I doubt ten will air a 2 hour celeb special on a friday night when they already have NOW on eleven that does virtually the same thing. I would assume living room repeats will continue on Fridays with an encore of the x files at 9:30. But we will see.

You were correct @JohnsonTV encores scheduled for Saturday night at 8.30pm

Last night’s episode was great. It guest starred Rhys Darby, who also starred in Flight of he Conchords.

Sorry guys, think I was channeling Johnson28 for a moment there…

2 Likes

Hilarious episode. That has to be one of the best ever. Rhys Darby was a crack up and made that role awesome and the episode brilliant.

I find that David and Gillian ate having trouble keeping a straight face. The show has more of a lighter tone these days.

They’ve always mixed the sillier standalone monster eps in with the more serious mythology/story arc episodes.

I always enjoyed the standalone eps more, and last night’s episod was a huge improvement over the first two. Comes down to preference I guess.

1 Like

I don’t know, I couldn’t get into that third ep. The first two eps were at least a nice nostalgic throwback.

“How shit was that ending” - Mum, just now.
Sounds like 6 episodes wasn’t enough?

They deliberately left it on a cliffhanger because there is going to be a second season next year.

See I was the complete opposite. I was on the edge of my seat the last 15 mins of that episode and lost for words when it ended!

The problem with these 6 episodes as a whole was that they tried too much to kind of reminisce on the old days. 2 or 3 of the episodes were pretty much a waste of time and just there to give us those one off “monster of the week” episodes like the old days. I found those episdoes a bit boring.

However the episodes that focused on aliens (particularly episodes 1 and 6) were the best of the lot. I think being a 6 episode run they should have kept it focused on that one storyline. The final episode was amazing but rushed, they jammed so much in there that could have spread out amongst more of the episodes.

The ending was a little confusing however they clearly left it so it could have been the end or it could have been something else, and they smartly introduced two new characters that were basically younger versions of Mulder and Scully in case they needed them for a potential second season.

Fox hinted at its upfronts that more episodes could be on the cards.

They should only do more if Mulder and Scully are involved and they have a more consistent storyline throughout the season. I feel like episodes 2-4 of the recent season were a waste yet the finale was way too jam packed with the exciting sutff. A lot of that could have been more spread out through the season.

If it returns, it needs to come back for at least 10-12 episodes. They tried to pack way too much into those 6 episodes.

1 Like

10 more episodes

2 Likes

Filming resumes

Season 11 will premiere in the US on January 3 next year and will have ten episodes, four more than season 10. With 21st Century Fox recently terminating its program deal with Ten, my guess is that season 11 will be shown on Foxtel.

1 Like