The Wrong Girl

Sisters would have been perfect to air now then with Offspring to follow straight after. This is Us has bombed so waiting until the warmer months is absurd.

2 Likes

This is Us is consistently one of the most popular shows in the demos each week once the consolidated are added. It is generally in the top 5 for each demo on Wednesdays.

1 Like

It wasn’t this week and it’s just scraping into the top 20 totals now. It’s dropping fast.

Ten should be taking advantage of the Masterchef ratings and launching a new show off the back of that. This Is Us can screen anywhere else.

Consolidated for this week aren’t released until next Wednesday. Last week it got 154,000 extra in consolidated ranking it 4th in 25-54, 3rd in 18-49 and 4th in 16-39 on Wednesday. In 18-49 and 16-39 it was more popular than every program on Nine including News.

2 Likes

A lot of people are not watching TV live these days. You have to look at the consolidated ratings to get a true picture of how a show is doing.

4 Likes

I thought This Is Us is doing great for US dramas. And were are you getting your figures that its out of the top 20 @JBar. From what I’ve seen is that the show is always in the top 20

Well there’s not much American drama in the schedule to compate it to anyway or much drama at all these days really.

1 Like

Yeah that is what is annoying me about the comparison to This is Us being the top 5 in drama or whatever it is for the week. There is minimal drama on seven and nine at 8:30. The only one I can think of is Love Child. And Ten have all older skewing dramas. So there is nothing to compare it to and in my opinion is irrelevant until we see other dramas on air.

The top 5 comparison is to all programs, not just drama, on Wednesday - more popular than Seven News, Nine News, ACA, Home and Away, The Chase etc.

If you want to compare it to drama this year - during the weeks they were on, during those weeks, it was more popular than 800 Words and House Husbands in the consolidated demos.

The point is the show has not “bombed” that was the original claim.

4 Likes

That’s a laugh. It gets virtually the same amount as Love Child on consolidation. I looked at the over night demos for this Wednesday and it’s nowhere to be seen, after a brilliant lead in like Masterchef. Squandered.

If they had Offspring ready to go it would rate far better and the results would be immediate.

What good is an import if it only rates well after 7 days and barely scraps through the top twenty. Most adverts can’t wait that long and most of what they advertise would have expired if you watched it six days later. I guess if the networks believe the PR spin then some viewers will too I guess.

Hardly anyone watches TV live these days. except for News, reality shows and sport. So yes you have to take into account consolidated ratings.

###The Wrong Girl Season Two Starts Production.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

Production has begun on the highly-anticipated second season of Australia’s hit contemporary drama series The Wrong Girl, which will go to air later this year only on TEN and WIN Network.

Returning for another engaging and entertaining round of love, friendships, work and family chaos are an all-star cast including 2017 TV Week Logie Award winners Jessica Marias (Best Actress) and Rob Collins (Best New Talent), Hayley Magnus, Craig McLachlan, Ian Meadows, Kerry Armstrong, Madeleine West, Christie Whelan Browne, Hugo Johnstone-Burt, Doris Younane, Kevin Harrington, Ryan Shelton, Leah Vandenberg, Cecelia Peters, David Woods and Steve Vizard.

At the end of season one, Lily Woodward (Jessica Marias) faced the biggest decision of her life, weighing up between leaving Melbourne to pursue love with Jack (Rob Collins) or staying behind to pursue her successful television career and stay close to Pete Barnett (Ian Meadows).

Season two of The Wrong Girl picks up six months on. Lily is living in New Zealand with Jack and focusing her energies on producing a documentary project, to limited success. She has found love, but finds herself at a crossroads, missing her best friend, family, work and, essentially, her old life and self.

Jessica Marais said: “I’m so excited to be back filming the second series of The Wrong Girl. We are joined by some incredibly talented new faces and our favourites from series one. We have the most fantastic cast and crew and I look forward to bringing the colourful and charismatic Lily to life.”

Network Ten Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “Lily’s love life is once again turned upside down, as The Wrong Girl returns with a brand new season. With several fantastic new additions to this incredibly gifted cast, the world of The Breakfast Bar has never been more fun, chaotic or entertaining. Just when you think Lily’s life couldn’t get any more complicated, it does.”

Executive Producer, Playmaker, David Maher said: “We’re really looking forward to coming back to work on The Wrong Girl with our amazing cast and crew, and delivering a second series that has even more playful, bittersweet and engaging moments than the first.”

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Natalie Bassingthwaighte has joined the cast for season 2, playing pastry chef Gillian, ex-girlfriend of Jack (Rob Collins).

2 Likes

I know season 1 didn’t exactly set the ratings on fire, I wonder if we will see a bit of a creative re-set for the show in season 2.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte ready to stir the pot on Channel 10’s The Wrong Girl

First photos of Jessica Marais, Rob Collins and Natalie Bassingthwaighte on set in The Daily Telegraph

1 Like

First promo tonight for new season

3 Likes

Probably going to take the Wednesday night place of Offspring again

In the third screencap Jess’ character Lily was seen running up Melbourne’s Federation Square (you can see it was filmed recently with Flinders Street Station boarded up for renovation). Since Fed Square is full of people for most of the day, it must have been hard for producers to gain permission to film a scene there?

If Offspring is again 10 episodes long, i’d say we could expect The Wrong Girl to premiere around Wed 6th October with the Offspring finale the week prior on Wed 30th August.

Offspring is 10 episodes long. They had an ad advertising the final weeks of Offspring after last nights episode.

1 Like