The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Tom is on the front cover of Sunday’s Stellar magazine this week.

ABC Upfronts 2020

The Weekly returns in 2020

2 Likes

The Yearly with Charlie Pickering airs Wednesday 18 December at 8:30pm

1 Like

The Yearly With Charlie Pickering

Wednesday 18 December at 8:30pm

Charlie Pickering, Judith Lucy, Tom Gleeson, Adam Briggs and a galaxy of guest stars wrap up 2019 - The Year Everything Went According to Plan! From the shock of the federal election to Donald Trump trying to buy Greenland and to Tom Gleeson winning the Gold Logie, this was a year of big surprises. Relive another ridiculous year with The Weekly team.

2 Likes

The Weekly With Charlie Pickering - Season 6

From Wednesday 29 April at 8:30pm

In unprecedented times Charlie Pickering will keep you smiling against all odds. A show that takes the time to watch everything, everywhere, all the time, then picks the bits to deliver to you without human contact!

4 Likes

More:

These are unprecedented times. As the world faces a challenge like it has never seen before, and a nation grits its teeth, there is one source of news and information that you can trust. That….is the ABC. In unprecedented times the ABC’s Wee kly with Charlie Pickering will keep you smiling against all odds.

A show that takes the time to watch everything, everywhere, all the time, then picks the bits to deliver to you without human contact! So wash your hands, sit back, relax, wash your hands again, and let the least serious team in news keep an eye on everything for you. Giving you more time to wash your hands.

The Weekly with Charlie Pickering: We watch the news so you don’t have to.

2 Likes

This is going to struggle without an audience. Micallef doesn’t need one, this does, otherwise like Seth Meyers it’ll look like cable news and be too serious.

4 Likes

I wonder if they can start looking at online audiences

1 Like

Pickering waits for the laughs, which are encouraged by the warm up guy / audience enthuser.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand how they can’t get people to log in online to the show live and use their laughter and reactions

1 Like

This is a terrible idea. look at Weekend Update on SNL for an example.

1 Like

This is going to have the atmosphere of a lefty Bolt Report without any audience reaction…

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it. I will have a look and see if it is what I am thinking in my head.

Luke McGregor joins The Weekly with Charlie Pickering, watching the news so you don’t have to!

ABC is pleased to announce The Weekly with Charlie Pickering is back from April 29, locked down inside the ABC’s sanitised bubble and holding your well-washed and hopefully gloved hand through the next 14 weeks of the End Times.

Joining The Weekly this season is Tasmania’s own Luke McGregor, who has finally found a use for his Economics degree. With the economy falling apart, no one is better placed to guide us through these anxious times than a deeply anxious comedian with an enduring passion for graphs. Prepare to watch an adult man apologise to a virus while willing a curve to flatten.

Luke McGregor said, “I’m really excited to join The Weekly team. One, because I’m a fan of the show; and two, because I’m at home self-isolating with nothing to do and this gives me a reason to shower.”

Charlie Pickering added, “After being bullied for five years by a Logie-winning red-headed comedian with an out of control ego, I’m very happy to be joined by a Logie-winning red-headed comedian with no ego at all. I’m even happier that he’s one of my favourite comedians in the country.”

Luke isn’t the only one keeping Australia laughing in season six of The Weekly . Historic times call for a cast of historic proportions. Joining Charlie will be Judith Lucy, Gold Logie winner Tom Gleeson, Adam Briggs and a phalanx of Australia’s funniest to laugh right up in adversity’s face.

In a world that makes no sense, you might as well turn to the team at The Weekly with Charlie Pickering Wednesday 29 April at 8:30pm on ABC and iview.

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t find an example of it. But what I am suggesting is people watching live at home. Then using the laughter and reactions in the edit. Not sure if that is what SNL are doing.

1 Like

We know he doesn’t have an audience but does Charlie have to treat ithet like it’s casual Friday. Actually that checked shirt is worse than casual Friday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I actually enjoyed the parts of the program tonight, the music worked well and Charlie acted pretty natural, not pausing for laughs accidently. Not the same feel though.

Big step down with the new set and graphics.

And did we really need to borrow the Judith Lucy intro from Rove’s failed Saturday night show?

2 Likes

I agree, just hoping they’re only in use during this pandemic before the studio audience returns.