The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Origin sledging.

2 Likes

Was in the audience tonight, good to see it live. (That skit however was recorded last week).

2 Likes

Roy & HG on this Wednesday.

2 Likes

New time of 8.30 pm from 11 July.

Grant Denyer is appearing on Hard Chat tonight.

Tom Gleeson’s Go Away Cairns segment was mentioned on Seven News Cairns this evening.

1 Like

Tom has made a couple of these so far.

1 Like

Well that interview with Barnaby was awkward. He couldn’t even crack a smile.

Kitty not returning to The Weekly next year, if she’s staying on TV I hope a network like Ten picks her up and gives her a nightly show or the like.

2 Likes

Oh, I took that segment as a joke.

It was a great way to end. Sad to see her go. Hopefully she gets something else on another network.

Wednesday 19 December at 8:00pm

Charlie and The Weekly team look back on the year and ask “2018 What the hell happened?” Leadership spills, cave rescues, Trump summits and Tom Gleeson’s tilt for Denyer Logie Gold. Plus a final farewell to Kitty Flanagan.

1 Like

Lots of lol moments tonight.

Hard Chat was amazing. Sarah destroyed Tom Ballard!

On this year’s “Yearly” show, there was a segment named “GoggleNews Australia” about ABC personalities reacting to news programs. They saw reports from:

• Ten Eyewitness News (pre-10 News First, Melbourne?)
  • Sunrise
  • Today Extra
  • Nine News Melbourne
  • Some ABC current affairs program (story subject named “Matters of Life”)
  • ABC News at Noon (I could tell by the clock)

Here it is:

History says it merged from a Yearly segment to recurring segments in Weekly, as they like to mock Aussie TV,

Caught up with The Yearly tonight. So many funny moments.

Matter of Fact with Stan Grant.

Returns Wednesday 20 March at 8.30pm

As the nation heads to the polls in 2019, The Weekly team is your one reliable source for down to the minute election news…every seven days. Some shows might tell you all the news all the time, but The Weekly separates the wheat from the chaff and sticks to asking the big quest ions. Questions like ‘what is chaff, anyway?’

In 2019 host Charlie Pickering and correspondents Tom Gleeson and Adam Briggs are joined by a new correspondent who is one of the country’s greatest comedians.

The Weekly with Charlie Pickering: Outlasting Prime Ministers since 2015.

1 Like

Judith Lucy or someone I am guessing

2 Likes
2 Likes