The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Also this:

”Tom: Channel Ten gave Sophie Monk a new reality show called The Bachelorette after she did Hard Chat.

Do you think Channel Ten might give you your own new reality show called… Yasmin’s getting Married?

It could be sponsored by the Australian newspaper, actually they’d call it Yasmin’s getting Martered!”

https://twitter.com/theweeklytv/status/943429065427468288

1 Like

Caught the episode on iView tonight. It was hilarious except for the segment in which Charlie spoke to Jonathan Pie in London which had several delays. Showing Hard Chat with Sophie Monk after the credits was a masterstroke.

The Weekly With Charlie Pickering - Season 4

From Wednesday 2 May at 9:10pm

It’s the week that was, by the people who can’t, in a format that they probably shouldn’t. Charlie Pickering, Tom Gleeson and Kitty Flanagan attempt to put the news through the thermomix without reading the instructions.

Shifted to a later timeslot after Gruen.

Thank God. I watch Wednesdays almost religiously but whenever The Weekly is on I find something else to watch. Glad that ABC realised Gruen is a better show.

Wonder who this could be, maybe Osher? Someone from MasterChef?

https://twitter.com/nonstoptom/status/996550458557763585?s=21

Cannot retrieve tweet. Try again later.

What was it?

Tonight’s Hard Chat guest, Tom said Channel Ten told him he couldn’t say who it was… turns out it’s Amanda Keller.

1 Like

Origin sledging.

2 Likes

Was in the audience tonight, good to see it live. (That skit however was recorded last week).

2 Likes

Roy & HG on this Wednesday.

2 Likes

New time of 8.30 pm from 11 July.

Grant Denyer is appearing on Hard Chat tonight.

Tom Gleeson’s Go Away Cairns segment was mentioned on Seven News Cairns this evening.

1 Like

Tom has made a couple of these so far.

1 Like

Well that interview with Barnaby was awkward. He couldn’t even crack a smile.

Kitty not returning to The Weekly next year, if she’s staying on TV I hope a network like Ten picks her up and gives her a nightly show or the like.

2 Likes

Oh, I took that segment as a joke.

It was a great way to end. Sad to see her go. Hopefully she gets something else on another network.

Wednesday 19 December at 8:00pm

Charlie and The Weekly team look back on the year and ask “2018 What the hell happened?” Leadership spills, cave rescues, Trump summits and Tom Gleeson’s tilt for Denyer Logie Gold. Plus a final farewell to Kitty Flanagan.

1 Like