The Weakest Link

Nine has Travel Guides starting nest week (hopefully) and it finishes at 8.30 with the new Doctor, Doctor to follow. So it can be done.

Is anyone sitting and doing that these days though? I set everything to record and watch it when I’m ready. For everything pretty much.

3 Likes

Oh totally. No one actually does that, but for the network they want live and not consolidated. They claim they do, but they want to crow about how well a show went last night.

1 Like

Also known as 8.57 or 9.08 or whatever :joy:

7 Likes

People remember to tune in to the differing start times for shows like Have You Been Paying Attention and they rate well. There were also shows that rated off the back of the differing finish times of MAFS. The simple fact is these days that show’s post 8.30/9pm are lead in dependant when it comes to nightly ratings.

1 Like

But also part of the reason for the increased dependency on lead-in is the odd finish times. No one really switches on at 8.50 weeknights to see what’s on from the start, as the finish times of the “tentpole” are all over the shop if not during the week, then after a few weeks.

1 Like

A Nine spokesperson said, “Due to the tight production schedule Weakest Link will now launch at the end of May on Channel 9.”

8 Likes

They should air it after Celebrity Apprentice

Celebrity Apprentice: 7:30pm
The Weakest Link: 8:30pm

10 Likes

I’m not surprised as I was speaking to someone that’s working pretty close to this show on the weekend who said that they only filmed 1 episode last week. They planned to film a couple more early this week but it took 7 hours to film the first episode because they take a lot of breaks to write lines and stuff for Magda.

So in other words, it’s not really Magda, but writers that come up with the good stuff? Strange as you’d think she’d have to have a quick witt for that role.

Does this also happen with the other versions across the world?

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s a bit of a joint thing where after each round she sits with the writers and they come up with the lines. Essentially Magda is playing up a bit of a character in her hosting role so it makes sense. Possibly being the first episode they probably spent more time perfecting these things and there might be less reliance on it as they film more episodes.

I also heard that they are planning 3-4 special episodes which are mostly themed from other Channel 9 shows (not confirmed but most likely along the lines of The Block, MAFS, Celebrity Apprentice etc).

That’s not it at all. The written lines are all done ahead of time.

Wouldn’t it be funny if this show turned out to be successful because people chose to tune in to be entertained by Magda and couldn’t really give a rat’s arse about her activism or the vile slanging matches constantly being played out on Twitter and fanned by the likes of the Murdoch media empire.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6251200209001

I daresay they attempt to come up with some witty barbs in reaction to lame answers given by the contestants during each round.

3 Likes

That’s not right from what I was told. They write them based on what’s happening in the show and the contestants. They may have some ahead of time but not all (or at least tweak them). This is what I was told anyway and it’s a big reason it took 7 hours to film the first episode.

1 Like

Can they not spell?

Comedienne is an accepted term for “female comedian”!

5 Likes

Ah, ok.

It’s a very dated gendered word, though.

6 Likes

Saw this on Facebook:

The Australian always desperate to find any angle to try and own the left. The level of patheticness of their bizarre agenda knows no bounds.

Reading their headlines is like living in some sort of parellel world. No awareness at all.

12 Likes