The Walking Dead

How are people finding the first half of the season? A lot of people that I know who watch it have found it slow. I have quite enjoyed it. Basically its a completely different direction and they have a lot of different storylines to tap into and also have to get the characters settled again after a pretty horrific start to the season. I am not sure if the slower pace will affect ratings though. Surely something big is coming.

It always keeps me hooked. There are so many different communities now it’s hard to keep track. But I agree something big is due no doubt.

1 Like

Although it ended over a month ago, I’d be interested to here what people thought of Season 7A.

Here’s my take on the first half of Season 7.

The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be: A great episode, highly impactful deaths and a good introduction for Negan.

The Well: Great to see the introduction of Ezekiel and Shiva. A slower episode but quite upbeat, a welcome change. I loved Jerry’s puns and am looking forward to seeing The Kingdom’s involvement in the second half. Hopefully Carol and Morgan get their mojo back, and Richard stays around for a while.

The Cell: Again it was slower paced however it was really interesting in seeing Daryl get broken through torture. Also great to see that Dwight is starting to become sympathetic to the Survivors.

Service: A welcome change to return to our main group, continued on well from the premiere in making us feel helpless under Negan’s rule.

Go Getters: Some hilarious moments with Gregory, great to see Maggie taking on a larger role at the Hilltop.

Swear: Certainly one of the weaker episodes of the series however, there were some great moments with Tara. I’ll be interested to see when the Oceanside come into the storyline, and how long it will be until Heath returns.

Sing Me a Song: One of the stronger episodes of the season, it was great to see the comic book moment come to life. I loved seeing more of Jesus and the focus on The Sanctuary was great.

Hearts Still Beating: My favourite episode of the season so far, Daryl’s escape was great likewise the exchanges between Negan and Spencer. Some big deaths and the final scene when Rick and co reunite with Daryl, Maggie, etc was for me the best moment of the season.

In all, it has been great to see the expansion of the universe to incorporate other communities. I’m loving Negan so far (currently my favourite character), definitely looking forward to ‘Rise Up’ against The Saviors in 7B.

The Walking Dead returns February 12.
Fear The Walking Dead expected to air April 16 with a 16-episode season.

Remember to check that your IQ is ready for the mid season return of The Walking Dead tomorrow. ::scream:

1 Like

Cannot wait. Is it sad I am leaving work early to ‘work from home’ to watch this?

1 Like

I can’t blame you turdall, I’m very excited.

I can’t wait for the reveal of the Junkyard.

Hopefully we see plenty of action this half.

I doubt AMC will change Negan for the one speech but boy I can’t wait to see what ever adaptation of this Jeffrey Dean Negan delivers: “We’re the big swinging d—k of this world–have been for a long f—king time…but it seems people are forgetting that. So now our big swinging d—k is going to swing harder…and faster, until we take off like a motherf—king helicopter and blow all these motherf—kers away.”

We’re going to war!

1 Like

I really enjoyed the first episode. The last scene was greatm cant wait for the rest of the season.

Another great episode, highly suspenseful and great to have The Walking Dead back.

I have to say, that car scene with Michonne and Rick is up there with some of my favourite moments in the whole series. Such an efficient way to go about business.

And that final scene was amazing. Especially that sly grin at the end from Rick. Holy hell, the Saviors are in big trouble.

1 Like

Back to slower pace this episode, rather uneventful and not terribly exciting.

Sure, it will be important to All Out War like ‘Swear’ but on its own is very weak.

6/10, by far the weakest so far in season 7.

I’m holding out hope that next week is better.

Another ordinary episode of The Walking Dead, almost identical to The Cell only with Eugene swapped in for Daryl.

Next episode looks to be great, can’t wait to see some more scavenging. Boy have I missed them from the days of Season 1-5.

1 Like

Yeah it was much slower this episode. Eugene is a coward.

A step back in the right direction for The Walking Dead with ‘Say Yes’. Highlighted some great chemistry between Michonne and Rick with some great action and fun moments.

Also good to see Sasha and Rosita plotting together. I feel as though it isn’t going to end too well for one (or both) of them.

Sasha to get the Holly death? Makes sense with her being the main actor on the new Star Trek.

I really hope your spoiler is incorrect. She has become my favourite by far. But as for her being on a movie I don’t see how it would stop her from doing the show as well. Others have done it in previous seasons.

Because it’s not a movie. It’s a new TV series.

Ohhhh didn’t realise that. Is it still not possible to do both?

Both series film during the same time period (Summer). She could stay on in the background but I can’t see it happening. I’d imagine she’d stick around the set though with her husband, Kenric Green, playing Scott.

So devastated that my favourite was killed off. Good season finale, not great but good. After a pretty slow second half the season we have a good build up to season 8.

Fear the Walking Dead has been renewed for a fourth season. Executive producer and showrunner of The Walking Dead, Scott E. Gimple, will also become an executive producer of Fear the Walking Dead.

1 Like

“We are saddened to report that John Bernecker, a talented stuntman for The Walking Dead and numerous other television shows and films, suffered serious injuries from a tragic accident on set,” AMC said in a statement. “He was immediately transported to an Atlanta hospital, and we have temporarily shut down production. We are keeping John and his family in our thoughts and prayers.”

Production on the eighth season has restarted days after Bernecker’s death. The season will premiere in Australia on FX on October 23, same day as the US. It will also be the show’s 100th episode.