The Walking Dead

I haven’t watched this show in a while (halfway through Season 8 I believe). But I never realised it had such a fall from grace. It was getting around a 5.0 in the demo in season 8. Now its only getting a 1.0. Will they keep continuing the show past 11 seasons?

I don’t see why not. Despite the massive fall from grace it is still the largest show on pay tv by a decent margin.

And a 1.0 by broadcast TV standards is a hit, so the benchmark for subscription tends to be alot less.

1 Like

That is super disappointing. I would have expected the season to be in the can given we’re only a handful of episodes away from the end of this season.

SBS On Demand will carry Fear The Walking Dead from 18 June.

1 Like

That is great. Is it all seasons?

Info currently lists 2 seasons

1 Like

Delayed season finale 4 October in US with 6 extra episodes for 2021 (no season 11)

Fear the Walking Dead will return for its sixth season on 11 October (US)

AMC has revealed The Walking Dead will end with a 2-year 11th season which will then lead into a spin-off featuring Daryl and Carol.

1 Like

I do think it is time they ended the series. It has gotten to that point unfortunately.

1 Like

Spin-off The Walking Dead: World Beyond will be shown in Australia on Amazon Prime, not Foxtel, on October 5.

1 Like

This spin off, who is in it? This isn’t the one featuring Carol and Darryl is it?

The cast can be found here:

Carol and Darryl are not in the World Beyond spin-off.

EDIT 6/10: Aussie Hal Cumpston also stars in the spin-off.

This week 31 October will mark 10 years since the debut of The Walking Dead.

1 Like

Season 10 is set to resume in the US on February 28 next year (March 1 in Australia) with the remaining six episodes.

UPDATE 23/11: the six episodes will drop weekly on Binge from March 2021.