The Voice

Interesting the article claims seven have canned the idea of Australia’s Got Talent. I think Nine or 10 should pounce on it. I think it has greater potential than The Voice. I really don’t know why seven would go for this over AGT.

Australia’s Got Talent on Nine has collapsed and burned in the ratings before, so I can’t see them wanting the show back while Ten is probably happy enough with The Masked Singer.

2 Likes

Tones & I is a coach or a host?

Also Tones & I sounds like two people

The article clearly reads coach. Clicking on it and reading it would have answered the question.

The younger demographic would know who she is and the name isn’t that confusing to that demographic. I am sure they will please other demos as well.

2 Likes

People say on here that they want local coaches to support the industry but then two local (well, one and a half since Ricki-Lee is a Kiwi) coaches are appointed and people complain it’s cheap and nasty. Seems like a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation here.

Tones and I aren’t the most inspiring choice but at least Seven are giving someone new a go instead of the same old personalities out there.

6 Likes

I may have said it’s cheap and nasty :wink: but I never opposed the current judges. I quite liked the show as it was.

Would you mind if they kept the show the same way as before but with new judges :wink:

Oh Ricki Lee is now a coach? last time I heard she was hosting. So Sonia is still hosting this too?

No. If those two new judges are confirmed, it is a downstep from the current lineup.

1 Like

I don’t mind Ricki-Lee but yeah Tones and I seems to be an interesting addition (could go either way).

If they wanted to go with a group of established singers then they should keep Guy and maybe Delta and get two new singers to join in.

The important thing is that they need to find people with personalities to be on this show. From what I’ve seen/heard from Tones and I in interviews, she knows how to have a laugh and that could be great for the show.

2 Likes

Is tones and I one person? Who are they? They sound like someone being choked when they sing!!! This sounds like a massive flop with some stupid niche musician/s that no one knows of.

1 Like

That’s one person. Her real name is Toni Watson but her stage name is Tones and I. She’s the singer behind Dance Monkey and a few others.

3 Likes

Maybe you are not in the target demographic for this incarnation of The Voice @cmo. Tones and I is well known.

6 Likes

Yes, no one knows the record holder for most weeks at number one on the Aussie chart.

I’m no fan of her music, but to claim no one knows them only serves to make you look stupid.

11 Likes

And Dance Monkey has also gone 12 times platinum in sales. That’s huge.

2 Likes

Terrible cmo… showing your age there mate :rofl:

4 Likes

Because it’s on Seven :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nothing they do will ever be good (apparently).

1 Like

It’s a shame as I thought the previous panel was very strong. Also to the people who don’t know who people are, get your grandkids to google them for you and save us your lame posts.

1 Like

I hope Seven isn’t going to aim directly at a younger demographic with their judges’ selection. This show is very broad skewing in general and chances are if all the artists are only relevant to the younger ones then the slightly older audiences won’t bite and there’s no guarantee that the younger audience will accept it either.

1 Like