The Voice

All that fake controversy and the guy sounded terrible anyway. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I just feel sorry for the 2 contestants from Team Guy who will be in a 3-way battle with Wolf. Everyone else will be paired up and then they’ll make 3 of Guy’s contestants all sing the same song together.

2 Likes

Confirmed pairings for Battles next week:

Team Guy
Kirby Burgess vs. Stephanie Cole
Bukhu vs. Johnny Manuel

Team Delta
Graeme Isaako vs. Elishia Semaan

Team George
Clarissa Spata vs. Virginia Lillye

There’s a different promo at the end of the 9Now episode which doesn’t show all the pairings we saw in the promo on TV last night. If anyone remembers anymore I can edit the list

2 Likes

Totally agree Rach, its not fair to the other 2 contestants who now have to go up against Wolf, so they now only have a 1 in 3 chance of progressing instead of 1 in 2, like everyone else does.

Shouldn’t have been allowed to happen, just poor list management by most of the judges to fill up their teams too quickly. And I didn’t like the way Guy tried to pressure Kelly into taking Wolf. She also nearly bought herself undone by waiting almost too long for a female singer.

2 Likes

I found that annoying - the way Guy asked Kelly ‘so you wouldn’t take him at all’ right in front of the contestant was rude and I’m glad Kelly called Guy out on it by saying ‘stop trying to make me the bad guy here’.
I wonder how they pair up the battles - 2 of Guy’s team are going to get the short end of the straw with Wolf! And Johnny vs. Bukhu is just asking for trouble… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

that is personal preference
while it wasn’t necessarily rude, Guy was acting a bit too authoritatively and inquisitively which I assume was based on how Kelly treated him too?

I’m going to vent here because I’ve been looking at social media and this has got me frustrated.
Can we acknowledge that had any other coach (especially Delta or Kelly) done what Guy did, there would be much harsher criticism!!? Everyone’s praising Guy saying ‘that voice was too good not to turn around’ and ‘I love Guy for doing that’ but imagine if Delta had done it.
I can already picture the comments: ‘Delta’s making it all about her’ and ‘it’s not the Delta show’. For some reason, every single thing the female coaches do gets overly-criticised.

4 Likes

You’re right - they all fight in the blinds and I’ve definitely seen Kelly treat Guy like that too. But I did find it a bit rude because Guy was the one who put her in a tricky situation.
Before producers decided to let Guy have an extra contestant, the EP had said to Kelly that it was either she take him on her team otherwise they would tell Wolf he’s not going through anymore. That’s why I didn’t like the way Guy said ‘so you wouldn’t take him at all’. It’s not her responsibility to take him through just because Guy turned around.

2 Likes

First look at the Battles - once again Guy is stirring up trouble! There’s some pretty interesting match-ups here

Considering the new season is now filmed at Moorebank, the contestants are living closer to the set than the judges.
1 Like

So the battles are a bit of a fizzer. is there an audience?

:rofl: When has that ever happened to a contestants on The Voice?

1 Like

No that was a throat singer

And again, this fight between the judges is wasting a lot of time…

3 Likes

Is anyone really going to tune back in to find out the aftermath of Kelly’s walkout? lol Did Guy even pick someone? Im not paying attention.

Do we really need the coaches to fight EVERY WEEK? Geez, it was a big waste of time. Talk about dragging out the show!

Imagine watching the show to hear the songs, rather than judges fighting…

3 Likes

The whole thing is too fast-paced and there is very little substance associated with these battles.

To be honest I’m actually enjoying the battles much more than the blinds. Apart from Johnny and Bukhu’s battle, it’s been quick rehearsal footage, the battle, coaches comments and then the decision. I’ve enjoyed that there’s not as much ‘filler’
I think it’s also got to do with having 24 battles this season - usually with the knockouts it’s 3-people at once so less knockouts.
They have to get through 6 battles each episode to fit into 4 battle episodes altogether.

I know we all probably have had enough of the judges fights, but that was a poor choice by Guy. Bukhu only sang a couple lines and spent the rest of the song playing his fiddle while Johnny sang

1 Like

Key word is dreaming. Got to dream big.