The Voice

If the Masked Singer has taught us anything doing this virtually is possible.

I did think that was a bit fishy… Kyle and Jackie both called him out on that, but Brooklyn’s reasoning was that the story had already been published on Sydney Morning Herald

The article stated that Seven were rumoured to be in finals talks with Mariah but I think most people (including K+J) rubbished the story until Brooklyn confirmed that Pell told him the same thing)

So, Sonia in 2021 is on The Voice, Holey Moley, Big Brother, the Olympics - and possibly an AGT judge. Wow!

1 Like

What is she doing with the Olympics?

She has been mentioned in the press releases. Reports around Tokyo I presume.

2 Likes

Well if you pay your talent you should probably use them as much as you can. It is something 10 does quite well. They have a handful on talent that host and judge majority of their shows on their network. It would be good if 7 used a few others that are on network contracts to do that though because you don’t want the same host all year round.

1 Like

Osher Gunsberg certainly is one

1 Like

As is Dave Hughes, Chris Brown, Amanda Keller and Grant Denyer. I am sure Julia Morris will also be given another new show over the next 24 months, after her last attempt failed.

2 Likes

Sonia’s only confirmed for The Voice and Big Brother - she was meant to do the Olympics this year but since it’s been postponed we don’t know for sure that she’s still going to cover it.

AGT seems unlikely to run in 2021 given the international border restrictions so they might not air it until later on.

She’s definitely not doing Holey Moley - that was announced prior to her signing on to host Big Brother. Olympia Valance was announced as her replacement

She is @Rach88.

Filming will get underway on Holey Moley in Brisbane today with Matt Shirvington to commentate alongside US actor / comedian Rob Riggle.

Sonia Kruger remains as host with Greg Norman as Resident Golf Pro.

Read about it here: Holey Moley begins filming in Brisbane | TV Tonight

2 Likes

2021 is a long way away. I don’t know why they wouldn’t go with AGT if they are still going with The Voice. Both have relied on international stars. They can just do an Australian version of the show.

1 Like

Definitely on Holey Moley

Seven Network today announced popular presenter Sonia Kruger and 7NEWS sports anchor Matt Shirvington will join legendary golfer Greg Norman and American actor/comedian Rob Riggle on the upcoming extreme mini golf competition series, Holey Moley.

2 Likes

Oh hahaha I’m clearly not up-to-date with this info!! It’s funny that it mentions Sonia remains as host - Seven had previously announced that Olympia Valance would be replacing her. I’m guessing they’ve also tweaked the format - from memory the role used to be ‘sideline commentator’ rather than host

3 Likes

They do not need to pay Olympia any extra amount. Matt and Sonia are on network contracts so they do not get paid any more.

1 Like

Something a bit random but I’ve only just realised that Guy and Samantha Jade are much closer than I thought. I know they mentioned on X Factor that they knew each other, but I always thought it was more acquaintances/ working in the music industry together.

Guy’s wife, Jules, is obviously close with Samantha seeing as they’re always hanging out (and apparently spotted wedding dress shopping together recently) However, Jules posted an IG story yesterday and mentioned that she’s been ‘best friends’ with Samantha for 11 years. Seeing as Samantha won X Factor in 2012, that means they obviously were really close for at least 3 years before she entered the show.

I feel like singing competitions (particularly in such a small industry like Aus) are definitely ‘it’s not what you know, but who you know’

1 Like

Surely that’s not how it works with network contracts!?!

Weren’t they friends before X Factor? I thought that was part of the controversy in that season? I don’t think that was any secret when the series was airing as I am sure it was mentioned at the time.

Both Maria Carey and Delta Goodrem have been featured recently on Sunrise. Are they being promoted ahead of joining The Voice?

3 Likes

They both have products to flog at the moment, I’d say that has a big part of it.

4 Likes

Yes this.
I just saw on Twitter that Mariah will be on Studio 10 this morning as well.

2 Likes