The Super Switch

So they are copying Nine so that’s everything to do with Nine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless the shows are rating. I’m doubting that Kiss bang love will be the hit that First Dates or Seven Year Switch were though.

As for last nights reunion - a few surprises. I worked out it’s been a good 6 months since filming ended which you could work out from how pregnant these people were. Jason and Michelle have separated. Ryan and Cassie and Tim and Jackie are having babies… and somehow Tallena ended up marrying that psycho Brad (who claims he’s changed… whatever).

Returning according to Seven West Media financial results presentation today.

Coming soon.

So 7 Day Switch Off Seven for me.

I’m guessing perhaps Mondays and/or Tuesdays at 9pm.

A preview of what a lot of Australian TV will look like at 9pm in the future with comparatively cheap shows that generate social media attention and a few click-bait articles on news.com.au each night.

As much as I hate the show it beats American imports and provides jobs to Australians.

From Monday 17 April at 9.00pm
Continues Tuesday 18 April at 9.00pm

Channel Seven’s most controversial series, Seven Year Switch, promises to shock when four new couples on the brink of separation participate in an experimental marriage with a total stranger in order to save their relationship.

This innovative experiment, called “Switch Therapy”, is radical, totally unpredictable and life-changing.

Viewers will learn about each of the couples – how they met, how they fell in love, how their relationship took a turn for the worst and why they are willing to risk everything to mend it.

The brave couples at a crossroads in their relationship will live with a like-minded new partner in an experimental marriage, to help them recognise how their own behaviour is impacting their relationship – and decide if they would be better off with someone else.

Relationship experts, Jo Lamble and Peter Charleston, will guide the couples through the therapy process as they adjust to living with an experimental partner.

Will their experimental spouses be able to fill the void they’ve been yearning for, or will they discover the grass isn’t always greener?

At the end of the daring social experiment, each of the couples will reunite and make the decision to either part ways, or reaffirm their commitment for life.

STACEY LOUISE & SARGE - The Loner & the Controller

Their love and their business are at stake.

Stacey Louise met Sarge when she signed up to do a military style boot camp course that he was instructing. Right from the first introduction, he ordered her around like a militant boss.

Both Personal Trainers quickly decided to combine their skills and start a business together. They currently live together, work together and train together… but that’s it.

Stacey Louise and Sarge’s relationship started like a great love story. They communicated well, had a lot of fun and were motivated to take over the fitness world. However cracks quickly appeared and they now realise they are fundamentally different people.

“I feel controlled”, says Stacey Louise. “Our fighting has become more intense and I feel that it’s going to get to breaking point”, says Sarge.

KAITLYN & MARK - The Needy & the Reserved

Will he propose or let her go?

Student, Kaitlyn and IT Manager, Mark met through friends. Mark fell in love with Kaitlyn’s “dreamy” American accent, energy and drive. Kaitlyn was drawn to Mark’s calming and lovable manner.

They lived separately for the first 18 months of their relationship but still spent most nights together. Mark was keen to trial living with Kaitlyn before she officially moved in. They have been cohabiting for one year now, though their home still resembles a ‘man cave’, with little proof that Kaitlyn also lives there.

Kaitlyn is impulsive, which is starkly at odds with Mark’s analytical and reserved personality. Mark is a clean freak and Kaitlyn is the total opposite – the cause of much tension in their household. Kaitlyn wants to get married and start a family but Mark has reservations.

JOHNNY & TRACEY - The Family Man & the Wild at Heart

Giving their relationship one last chance.

Johnny and Tracey met while backpacking in London 11 years ago. They quickly fell in love and started a family.

They disconnected following Johnny’s decision to work Fly-In-Fly-Out. Johnny worried about financially providing for his family but Tracey would have preferred he worked locally and just enjoy what they had. “Life’s not about money, money, money”, she claims.

Their relationship hit rock bottom and they separated for 12 months, during which time Tracey enjoyed her independence and freedom. They’ve recently decided to give their relationship one last chance and have moved back in together to see if they can break old habits and make it work.

Tracey tells Johnny: “I’d give you all my heart and do absolutely anything for you if you treated me right”, something Johnny thinks is near impossible to achieve.

FELICITY & MICHAEL - The Parent & the Temperamental Child

A young couple at crisis point.

Engaged couple, Felicity and Michael met through friends five years ago. Three months after meeting they were unexpectedly pregnant. Three months after their first baby was born Felicity fell pregnant again!

Felicity was pregnant for the better part of the first three years of their relationship and their children have been a big focus ever since.

Felicity and Michael currently sleep in separate rooms and fight every other day. The stress of being new parents and trying to start new businesses together has sent their relationship into a downwards spiral.

Michael feels Felicity can be condescending and treats him “like an idiot.” Felicity is at breaking point. She says: “I love Michael, but if things don’t change, I’m done.”

Jo LambLe - Therapist

Jo Lamble is a Clinical Psychologist who has been practicing for over 25 years. She works in a private practice treating couples and individuals with a wide range of problems, from relationships to motherhood and a whole gamut of psychological problems.

An author of several books, Jo’s latest book is titled: Detox your Relationship. She has also written Answers to Everyday Questions about Relationships and together with Sue Morris, Jo has published four self-help books: Motherhood: Making it work for you; Side by Side: How to think differently about your relationship;

Online and Personal; The reality of Internet relationships; and The Partner Test: How well are the two of you suited?

Jo has had regular appearances on a number of Channel Seven programs including Sunrise, Weekend Sunrise and The Morning Show. Jo also gives corporate seminars and speeches on relationships, family and parenting issues. She is regularly heard being interviewed on radio across the country each week.

Happily married for 26 years, Jo is a mother of two.

Peter Charleston - Therapist

At age 15 during a compulsory visit to his school careers counsellor Peter was told his personality was suited to being a Psychologist. “She said I had compassion for others, by way I took care of the weaker kids in the classroom and on the playground. At the time I laughed and dismissed the advice, yet it planted a seed that has been growing ever since.”

Peter has now been a full-time practicing Psychologist for twenty five years. Peter integrates counselling and coaching techniques and covers a wide variety of presenting issues for individuals, couples and teams.

Psychology is Peter’s passion. “I am fascinated by how our mind affects decision making and behaviour, and by improving how the mind functions you improve your performance, your relationships and your happiness.”

Peter constantly strives to achieve positive results for his clients. “Psychology is a complex field so there is always more to learn and put into practice in helping others, and this job is a very rewarding one.”

Peter’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts (University of Melbourne), a Graduate Diploma of Counselling Psychology (RMIT), a Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Swinburne), and a Graduate Diploma in Couple and Relationship Psychotherapy (Cairnmillar Institute).

Peter is soon to publish ‘Building Better Relationships’, based on his own theory of emotional needs.
Peter also runs an online personal development course based on positive psychology. Peter is married and has a fi year old daughter.

Turned off after 10mins. Watched the last season but poor casting here and I think everyone is still getting over Married at First sight.

Can’t say I saw a lot of marketing around this, the 1st season they nailed the promos and dramas well before the first episode kicked off.

Forecasting a flop.

Announced at the 2019 Upfronts

THE SUPER SWITCH

Australia’s most daring social experiment has gotten a whole lot bigger Based on Seven’s controversial series Seven Year Switch , six couples will put their relationships to the ultimate test in THE SUPER SWITCH. At a crossroads in their relationships, these brave couples will say goodbye to their loved ones to live in an experimental relationship with a total stranger. They will be paired with a like-minded person who will hold up a mirror to their own behaviour and help them answer the question – is the grass greener on the other side? This year, the social experiment has been supersized with all the couples split into two mansions, transforming the experiment into a shared experience. With three experimental couples living in each mansion, new dynamics, relationships, questions and answers will help all our couples decide if their real partner is in fact the one. THE SUPER SWITCH is a Seven Studios production.

Isn’t this essentially Wife Swap?

Wife Swap usually involves whole families, doesn’t it?

Yeah but it’s the idea that is the same.

This is Wife Swap

These are two different shows:

Super Switch
Wife Swap

Which are equally terrible. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Promo tinight

TV producers “experimenting” on Australians again. Thanks to the success of Married At First Sight, expect more of this genre.

1 Like

Fixed the last sentence for you

4 Likes