The Simpsons

For Al Jean to even start saying that they might call time on the series indicates we might finally be closing in on an end date.

7 Likes

Sound like he’s set on 757 being the final number.

Yeah, as much as I like the Simpsons, it’s time to give it a proper ending.

The perfect way to end the series (in my opinion) would be finally making The Simpsons Movie 2. Make it the most high-stakes adventure yet, with lots of call-backs and every character of the series at least cameoing. And give it an ending that is both satisfying to the audience who has watched the series since the beginning and true to the series roots (maybe the family having one last Christmas celebration together before the kids move on, a la Simpsons Roasting On A Open Fire) to bring the series full circle.

Now that would be awesome. But it’s sadly not going to happen since Fox keeps driving the series into the ground by giving it more season renewals year after year.

4 Likes

One idea Al Jean was to end the series with Simpsons Roasting On A Open Fire.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed that episode 757 is the finale. No spin-offs, no reboots some 5-10 years later, just end the show completely and move onto something else because we all know The Simpsons is likely to make enough money from repeats/streaming from now until the world ends.

4 Likes

Been hoping and praying for it for 14 years, so not keeping my hopes up. But I loved the movie, was so good (IMO - I know there’s many who wouldn’t agree).

1 Like

It won’t end. Disney+ will want to expand it if anything.

3 Likes

The Flanders doesn’t quite have the same ring to it?

1 Like

I still wanna see Wiggum and Skinner have more sexy adventures

4 Likes

No, no, no, no, no.

1 Like

Every time I hear/see the words “sexy” and “Simpsons” I think of that classic scene and episode with Flanders and Homer in the snow:

Feels like I’m wearing… nothing at all, NOTHING AT ALL, NOTHING AT ALL :joy:

6 Likes

Azaria made the comments on the Armchair Expert podcast this week. The full interview can be heard here:

Is Morrissey still relevant?

Is The Simpsons still relevant?

8 Likes

Touchee.

5 Likes
1 Like