The Simpsons

Is there a possibility the first episode could be simulcast on both 7 and 7mate at 9pm Wednesday as a one-off to launch the series and capture the MKR lead-in?

4 Likes

I still think months down the track, we’ll end up seeing episodes across various channels in various timeslots.

Later Thursday or weekends might be a good tme for main channel? If re-runs are aired, 7flix a good option when 7mate is busy with other core programming?

So it can pull 150k tops…

7Mate

Wednesday 21 February at 09:00 PM

Movie: The Simpsons Movie (2007) “FIRST TIME ON 7MATE”

2 Likes

Surely this confirms that they have the back catalogue then? I think they’ll launch the new season first then we we start seeing repeats. They probably didn’t want the new episodes getting lost in between so airing one a week for a while will get viewers aware of where the new ones are.

2 Likes

Good pick-up with their new deal.

Ten aired it a lot, usually on Eleven in recent years.

Hopefully it’ll well and truly be uncut (assuming the copy they’re provided is uncut), but Ten always aired an edited version, even though it’s PG uncut and they kept it as PG. Removing Otto smoking a bong, a robot shooting itsself and Bart’s penis - obviously they had an issue here for TV, disagreeing with the Classification Board, as seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMMeXrg6Vg

2 Likes

What a strange YouTube account

3 Likes

Well, not mine.

I agree strange, but I find it rather interesting sometimes, seeing how networks have butchered films.

I find it a bit more strange that these videos have somehow stayed on Youtube without garnering a copyright strike…

3 Likes

I’d dare say they’d either monetize the video, or argue for fair use, as they are demonstrating Australia’s censorship system. I’d be betting on the former.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched them - do they actually show both the censored (as shown on TV) version, and the uncensored version side by side for comparison? Or is the uploader someone like Luke who just tells us what’s been cut out?

2 Likes

The videos compare the edited scenes (uncut from however they got the video & cut from the TV recording)

I don’t think it will rate well, by the time it airs on 7 mate the episode will be nearly 5 months old. I may be wrong but I reckon people will have seen it by other means.

They should air double episodes.

You and your double episodes. If people are interested then they’ll watch. Not everybody downloads every show from overseas.

9 Likes

Wednesday 28 February 7mate
7:30pm The Simpsons S10E01
8pm The Simpsons S10E02
8:30pm The Simpsons S10E03
9pm The Simpsons S29E01

6 Likes

Why have they put the new episode on last?

Looks like they’re going to flood 7mate with repeats. The Simpsons fanboys will go into meltdown, starting now…

1 Like

Seven put the new episode on last so it won’t clash against My Kitchen Rules.

1 Like

That’s a good thing, isn’t it?

Still would’ve preferred a marathon.

What? The fanboy meltdown or the flood of Simpsons replacing other programming? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

One of the best seasons though!

The period around 2000 (give or take a year) is my fave.

With a soft spot for S4-S6 and some good eps up until Season 20 (2008/2009).