The Royal Family

I got home form work to find a letter from the palace in my mailbox, funnily enough on Sep 8

it was quite lovely, thanking me for writing and sharing my memories of QEII. It was signed Thomas Claridge, he Head of the Royal Correspondence and included two cards , one thanking me for the note of condolence and the other thanking for the congrats on the coronation.

500_kingcharlesletter-card

6 Likes

I loved the photo of a young Prince Charles at the front with Elizabeth in her early years

1 Like

When I saw that image of the Queen at Balmoral in her last public appearance I knew something wasn’t right with her and the end was near.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

I love the #AlanPartridgePodcast more than I can say. In the latest series, Alan offers his own commentary on the coronation. I had to see if it actually matched up with the real footage, and I’m howling. This is amazing. 💀💀 pic.twitter.com/HnZS2AiGoW

— Kate Lister (@k8_lister) September 9, 2023

The first coin ($1) will enter circulation before Christmas.

1 Like

Poers Morgan is a hypocrite. He says it’s wrong to name the royals who allegdly had the conversation about race and skin tone. Then he names the cuprits as King Charles and Kate Middleton.

As if anyone believes what that actress nut job says. She better careful or they’ll knock her off like they did her husbands mother.

1 Like

But you’re willing to believe all the propaganda that the royals put out?

Like what? They don’t speak out publicly at all.

Youre missing the whole point of that book by Omid Scobie.

He is saying that the royals and those that work for the royal family are doing the same through their various media connections. They are constantly manipulating the narrative through favours and exclusives to certain media outlets.

The book was not about Harry and Meghan but it was the only bit that the media focussed on. It also talks about the alleged affair that Prince William had but the media does not cover that. They don’t want to burn their bridges with William. At least, not yet. Stay tuned though.

This whole conversation really annoys me. So allegedly Charles and Kate discussed what skin tone Archie might have. So what? Without the context of the conversation it’s not automatically “racist”. Having a curiosity about a mixed race baby is not racism. My own family has some Chinese ancestry and it’s very common for family members to comment on a new baby about whether it looks Chinese or not. I have some cousins who are blonde and some that look a bit Chinese - and neither are considered “good” or “bad”. When my family get together this is just normal family chatting.

Similarly the union of a redhead and a mixed race person is bound to produce offspring of different tones. Unless the context of the comments are known, it is not automatically a racial slur.

4 Likes

Agreed . We only really had one side of the story which was Meghan, I can probably understand she was thrown off by the so called discussion but to accuse your father in law and sister in law of the monarch , knowing full well it probably was not malicious spoke volumes to her really .
We don’t know what the context was and we seem to be lapping up one side without hearing the other . Which to Kate and Williams credit they kept this low .

2 Likes

Agreed, except I highly doubt she was actually thrown off by the conversation as she’s the product of mixed parentage as well, so I’m sure her own family had similar conversations. She simply seized on an opportunity to twist something into “racism” for her own narrative or benefit.

4 Likes

King Charles and Queen Camilla set to visit Australia in 2024: report

King Charles and Queen Camilla are set to visit Australia in late 2024, it’s being reported.

“King Charles is planning to visit Australia and New Zealand in October,” a diplomatic source told the Sydney Morning Herald on Tuesday.

2 Likes

BBC documentary, Charles III: The Coronation Year, premiered in the UK last night. An Australian broadcaster is yet to be confirmed.

1 Like

His millions of dollars crown and golden throne, talking about the cost of living crosis, suggest otherwise.

https://themessenger.com/news/charles-first-kings-speech-austerity-cost-of-living-jewels

Yawn populism yawn. He didn’t write the speech. Number 10 did.

2 Likes