The Real Love Boat

I don’t understand the 10 o’clock time slot for TAR…… it should be at 8 family viewing time.

1 Like

I was talking about the Amazing Race moving to the 10 pm slot in the US, the Real Love Boat US is sandwiched between Survivor and The Amazing Race over there.

1 Like

The Rookie Feds is on ABC, Amazing Race followed RLB last night.

Ah, gotcha!

Ten just ran a teaser for RLB for 8.30 Wednesday, then a promo that it’s on at 7.30 Wednesday with “twins arriving on Thursday”. Don’t know if the 8.30 bit was a typo or what.

1 Like

Yes - pushed to 8:30pm next week.

1 Like

I imagine Gogglebox will review The Real Love Boat next week.

And likely to be bumped to 9.30pm in the following week.

1 Like

I feel like this show would’ve been OK as a Paramount+ original, not on network TV, Undressed with Kathryn Eisman could’ve worked in the Wednesday and Thursday 7.30 slot as it’s something new and could work in the same capacity as Mirror Mirror did last year.

3 Likes

If Ten/Paramount+ were smart, they would screen Undressed at 7.30pm on Wednesday on Ten and make it available on Paramount+ too.

See how that works and if it delivers, make that the model for future Aussie shows.

3 Likes

Interesting reply from Goss, clearly still has a grudge with his former network and the boss.

2 Likes

Bit unprofessional either way.

Gossage doesn’t work for them and he would lay the blame of the loss of Perth local news squarely at Beverley’s feet. She has been a disaster for that network yet keeps getting promoted. He was a very long serving and loyal member of 10 and was synonymous with 10 Perth and their localism. They no longer have that and whilst he might have a grudge it’s justifiable.

There were plenty of ways to save money at 10 without shutting down locally produced bulletin with exceptional presenters. I know it’s old ground but it’s a strategy that adds to the list of failures at 10 since the day Murdoch walked in with his grubby hands and agenda to destroy the place.

I’m very aware of all of this but it’s not a good look insulting any of your former employers publicly. That’s just my opinion though.

4 Likes

Does anyone know that hypothetically if this rates any lower and is moved to another channel if Fetch series link follows it over too or do you have to make sure you link it again on the new channel?

Yes, you definitely have to series link it again if it moves to a different channel.

I learnt the hard way when Seven suddenly moved Blackish and The Goldbergs to 7flix mid-season.

1 Like

Thanks Jim. I really appreciate that. I’ll keep an eye on things. (Not this program specifically, I just thought it was a good example of the question I wanted to ask)

1 Like

I feel like this show doesn’t work because they have to create drama for ratings except these are people who just met and are sussing each other out. Why do we care? With something like MAFS they pair people together and create a connection and backstory before the drama so people are more invested.

1 Like

The Lie Exposed.

Sari From QLD. Eliminated From The Real Love Boat.

Following a night of tears, the hopeful singles were ready for another day on the Mediterranean. Tonight, The Real Love Boat docked in Marseilles, France.

After being handpicked by the Cupids, three couples headed to the shore for their Destination Dates. Katie and Chris, Chelsea and Dalton and Jay and Sally were all living their best lives in front of picturesque and romantic backdrops. The three pairs hit it off. Sally and Jay were smitten, Chelsea and Dalton got closer via tarot cards, and Katie and Chris had a little French Kiss.

Back on the ship, Moana, Tyler and Sari were all battling for Paddy’s attention. Bad waters were brewing after Dalton told Moana that Paddy was not interested in her anymore. But Dalton was fancying Chelsea anyway, which created a bit of a love… square?

Once everyone returned from their dates on land, it was time for some debriefs with the girls and guys, where Josh dropped the bomb that he may choose Chelsea at the Cast Off Ceremony. So now a love, pentagon?

The love shapes were then on thin ice during the Cocktail Party as the potential lie that Dalton told Moana about Paddy comes to light. The three singles had a confrontation, leaving Paddy pretty frustrated.

We then saw the first Cast Off Ceremony elimination on the ship, and it was not without its drama. Sari revealed she was not able to focus on herself as she had been spending time making sure Moana was okay. This shocked Moana, but it was then time for the guys’ to choose their partners.

Jay continued his partnership with Sally, Daniel chose Naomi, Chris wanted to get to know Katie better, Paddy wanted to explore a connection with Tyler, and Chelsea was blindsided by Josh choosing her. With the final decision left to Dalton where he had to choose between Moana and Sari, he ultimately picked Moana, sending Sari home.

The love on the high seas continues tomorrow night, when twin intruders Jesse and Harley, arrive to spice things up.

The Real Love Boat Continues Tomorrow At 8.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.