The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I haven’t seen the way Waleed speaks to our PM like that, is it good or bad.

He speaks to the PM like crap because MT put Waleed in his place on an interview about 6 months ago. He was shutdown and he didn’t like it. His been on war ever since. Just another reason I don’t watch the show is because of his antics.

His not the only one. MT gave silent treatment to one certain one Sydney radio presenter who got very upset and started venting about the silence. He usually crushes Barry Cassidy with his bias views. Great to see these egoistic media personalities shut down for once.

1 Like

Its just the way he speaks to everyone. If they something he thinks is factual incorrect he picks them up on it. If he says something misleading he places the facts in.

I have no problems with the way he speaks. I saw The Project live a few years back and when he spoke to the audience he was very standoffish. And I don’t want this to be misread but he had a sort of arrogants about him (although I don’t think he is arrogant).

I have huge amounts of respect for the guy. I know a lot of lawyers who speak in a very similar way, and although its not a way I would speak to someone I find have the upmost respect for the knowledge and opinions he shares.

You have your facts muddled up here. MT made light of the same sex marriage stuff and told Waleed to lighten up over the NRL Grand Final. Waleed then said hold on you want to say people haven’t been affected by the same sex marriage survey and listed a whole heap of facts… As a gay man I am glad Waleed stood up for that because at the time I know a lot of people who identify as gay that found the same sex marriage survey a difficult time. I had one friend go back to counseling and was even admitted into hospital.

4 Likes

I think he needed to be taken to task because he was claiming victory for the result of the same sex plebiscite but as many people were saying at the time, the politicians could have made that decision without an expensive survey and the grief it caused.

1 Like

Lisa did a standing presentation for a package tongiht.

Hamish and Lisa are still sharing the news headlines, dont like it. Carrie still does the news by herself on the weeknight show

2 Likes

It was good but I think they needed to have less space above her head in that shot.

Don’t mind it but what puts me off is the loud background music during the headlines.

1 Like

Standing presentation

15 Likes

They seem to be back in Melbourne more often on Sundays.

Studio space must be an issue.

That looks really good. Hope it becomes a regular feature.

8 Likes

Maybe she should be wearing stiletto heels in the future! :crazy_face:
Hopefully the other hosts do the standing presentation for feature stories as well.

1 Like

No. Just don’t fill the whole TV screen with an image and zoom in.

Hamish not happy with the attention on Lisa?

1 Like

just watching the repeat. Tommy Little made a joke about the Uber conversation with Karl and Lisa’s face was priceless.

2 Likes

This afternoon I heard an ad on WSFM for the ‘Sunday Project with Lisa Wilkinson’. No other names were mentioned. They are pushing her as the lead.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Hamish credited as “project correspondent” tonight on the live cross to cover the NSW bushfires.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Ten probably should’ve reverted to the standard TEN watermark for at least the bushfire coverage during The Project.

Looks quite inappropriate having the headline “NSW BUSHFIRE EMERGENCY” with a love heart next to it, IMO.

9 Likes

Great line from Waleed tonight

“I’m really looking forward to getting in an Uber after work”.

This followed a new segment from Peter

mp4_000655200mp4_000657549

This included video of incidents like this

The segment deteriorated into hysterics so much that Steve Price had to read a following segment.

mp4_000790770mp4_000727283mp4_000697278mp4_000742104

1 Like