The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

There’s something different. Is it just me or is there less waffle and more snappy headlines? Also, new backdrop?

1 Like

Could it be in the Sydney newsroom?

Something is obviously going on at the sydney studios…Weekend News from Melbourne and now The Project in a different studio? hmm

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily a different studio, they’re just using the video wall from the newsroom as the main backdrop.

3 Likes

I’m digging it.

3 Likes

Maybe that confirms a new set for Sydney, and they’ve been donated the video wall? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sound seems lower too. had to turn my TV up to hear them, or maybe Hamish just speaks soft? :thinking:

It’s possible they have moved the show to the newsroom because of family feud setup? Or have they finished tapping for the year? Rob was talking about addressing the studio audience setup for Studio 10 so that could also have something to do with it/using the newsroom?

All we can do is speculate!

5 Likes

The Melbourne studios produced their final 12 episodes of Family Feud a couple of weekends ago. Mind you, I’m not quite sure how far in advanced the episodes are taped but it is quite possible that they’ve finished for the year.

As for tonight’s edition of The Sunday Project, it might be coming from the same Melbourne set/studio as the weeknight shows?

1 Like

No, HYBPA tapes Sunday nights at Como.

2 Likes

Given the black behind the set, it’s pretty safe to say they’re not in the news room, and if they were in Melbourne there’s no reason they wouldn’t be using the regular set.

I think it’s a safe bet this is regular set, in the regular Sydney studio, only with the regular main screen replaced with the video wall, and the two newsroom screens placed at either side of the set, and some of the static panels rearranged.

Edit: It’s the newsroom, there are no safe bets.

Normal:

Tonight
project

5 Likes

Also… the setup tonight is definitely not the permanent Project set in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Look at Hamish’s twitter, it’s coming from the newsroom. Not hard to drop a black curtain from a lighting rig.

6 Likes

Definitely from the newsroom, you can tell in shots when they return to the show where you can just see the ten word strip along the second level balcony even though they’ve tried to hide it with curtains.

If it was from the other studio, there would be no reason they would have the audience wrapped around the set like that or not in the old studio 10 booths.

2 Likes

Must be lots of changes and oddities happening at pyrmont. Clearly they couldn’t have news from there if the project was set up there for tonight.

7 Likes

So maybe its now from the main newsroom, hence why the 5pm bulletin has been moved to Melbourne?

2 Likes

I stand corrected, pictures from Hamish’s Twitter:

!

9 Likes

Goes to show how flexible and adaptable that Newsroom space is!
Looks great on camera. Drop some blacks from the rig and you’re good to go!

8 Likes

I’d have to say that disjointed mish mash of panels and screens look terrible and the old studio 10 stage looks awful from the camera angle on the LHS side of the set where you can see it’s joined together.

That and the backdrop graphics always look so grainy and over the top, I’d personally prefer them to be more refined like the old Late News when Hamish was at the helm which is were much better IMO.

1 Like

8 Likes