The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m simply talking about fitting the brand. Seven and Nine have relatively similar brands so of course she could easily switch back then.

That thinking is sooo last decade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Ten are trying to be the same as Seven and Nine.

Ten has a brand.

If that’s true, we could see her making a guest appearance on The Project tonight, welcoming her to the network.

1 Like

Gee. That sounds like a good idea :bulb:

maybe they are changing tactic… maybe they are sick of coming third.

I know this is a thread for The Project, but depending on how much money they are willing to spend, perhaps rugby league, afl and cricket may end up on Ten once current contracts expire… possible, but not holding my breathe

Maybe you are right. Maybe Lisa looked at the landscape and saw that, increasingly, it’s the shows like The Project that are getting the exposure, the relevance and the online viewing in segments. Maybe she thought that’s where the future is. And maybe Ten wants to mature its brand, seeing most TV viewers are over 40. Still, it’s a bit risky all round, no?

And then there’s the little-mentioned issue that she doesn’t seem to be really filling a job as such. It’s not like Tarsh or some other minor salaried name couldn’t anchor 2 nights a week (in Carrie’s chair).

Television always is. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

2 Likes

I was surprised how quickly she was linked to The Project, not just Ten. Perhaps they will again attempt to expand to 7 days or evolve the format on Sundays. I can understand her being tired of Today, they got so close to overtaking Sunrise. I loved watching her on Ten for Beauty & The Beast, I would hope there is some sort of development deal part of her contract. CBS are massive in daytime (I hate the speculation that CBS will run Ten like CBS), another program could certainly fit there. I do not think she is off brand for Ten, they have Ita on their books lol.

Unless she is transitioning to retirement I certainly would expect a program to be build around her.

I just hope she does not go the same way as Ten’s other big Marquee news singings (Munro, McDonald, Negus etc)

Yes, I read here that her contract was terminated by Nine. Thus, she is free to go anywhere.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/lisa-wilkinson-leaves-channel-9-after-wage-talks-break-down/news-story/9af2cefa0958e47a8559f42d0bad34fe

I’d assumed that’d be happening at some stage anyway?

There’ll surely be huge anticipation with The Project tonight, given the extraordinary developments the past 24 hours?

But dependent on contract stipulations.

She would definitely have been offered something substantial other than just The Project which already has 3 permanent hosts and a Sunday night gig.
Thrilled to see Ten investing in talent and programming after years of cost cutting.

5 Likes

Lisa didn’t appear tonight but they just played a story about her joining the network.

6 Likes

They ran a story about Lisa coming to The Project but no interview.

ETA: ^What he said. :laughing:

2 Likes

Andrew Bolt saying that if Lisa gets paid more than Waleed that channel 10 will have a racial discrimination case on its hands. Claiming that the Waleed of the left would actually do this. This guy is a raving lunatic.

13 Likes

Story here

6 Likes

Ten need a brand new hit reality format.

What is the question.

Can’t believe it was just 5 years ago MasterChef was still No. 1 in its quarter, with around 1.4m.

It was really the loss of the AFL, trashy cheap shows, cost cutting and negative PR that spiraled out of control.

I really hope they get back on track, I really do.

My :heart: will always be for Ten (as much as i don’t want to ‘support’ any network and be neutral).

Wonder what others think?

4 Likes

Personally, I’d like all three commercial networks to be very competitive in the ratings and striving to do their very best because that benefits viewers and the industry.

7 Likes

I think we all know that by now.