The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

It doensn’t matter the only thing that interview did was harm Scott Morrisons chance to win the election. He should have just refused to go on the program because his attitude and resentment towards Waleed was appalling. And now the Project will use that in every promo leading up to the election showing how our PM behaved towards how a Labour leader behaves in NZ.

1 Like

Neither The Project nor Waleed are up for election. :wink:

That would have been a lot worse. It just would have festered and made him look like he was running scared.

He should have just gone on the show as originally planned. It would have been one or two segments on the show and he could have moved on. Now, he’s had an unprecedented 35 minute commercial free interview which has been brought to the attention of the whole nation and is being scrutinised widely by all forms of media.

A lot of people saying today that Scott Morrison appeared smug and arrogant in the interview but that’s his usual attitude anyway.

The PM and his media team backed themselves into a corner the minute he began commenting on the editorial. Allowing a sit-down interview to discuss the issue on said show would have otherwise been a clever move if it weren’t for two things:

1. Attacking the show and then cancelling a scheduled interview looks weak. Now it looks like he has backflipped, which doesn’t make him look like the strong leader he purports to be. Not everyone would have bought it, but if Morrison committed to his view of the meeting and refused to entertain any stories to the contrary he wouldn’t be in this current position.

2. Whether it was part of the leftist Ten conspiracy supported by their communist owners CBS or otherwise, Morrison looked visibly uncomfortable during that interview. His body language was a mixture of threatening and being threatened, and when every news and current affairs program today is replaying clips from it, guess what they’ll single out?

It did nothing for Morrison’s image. It didn’t change the perception of Waleed’s either, but that wasn’t the purpose of the interview. In my view, it’s truly bewildering that Morrison’s media team allowed this to go ahead. This could bury him.

2 Likes

No they are not but we would all be naive in not knowing that each media organisation has an agenda.

This comment made my morning.

3 Likes

Ok, so you’re defending keeping people locked up for 5 years? Why has it taken them so long?

1 Like

Well yes there is something wrong with that. It is in our society’s interest to be neutral, not biased to the left in how content is presented. Unless of course they are open about being a left-leaning program.

This is why the ratings for the program are low. Normal don’t want left and right leaning, they want neutral facts without the political bullshit.

1 Like

The question is do we have the resources to speed up but maintain proper assessment.

Secondly, in that time why can’t they apply to legitimately come here?

You must have a sad life if my comment made your morning. Glad I could help.

1 Like

The show is not a straight news program. It doesn’t have to be balanced. It editorially leans to the left. Just like the SMH, Age and Guardian.

The project although a slight lean to the left editorially has occasional right wing voices. It has Steve Price on there weekly.

3 Likes

Morning glory is a good start to your day. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t we have a dedicated thread for this filth?

Waleed Aly Sits Down With New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern.

The Project Australian Television Exclusive. Monday 6.30pm on 10 And WIN Networks.

On Monday night, award-winning journalist Waleed Aly meets with the Prime Minister Of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern to talk in the aftermath of the Christchurch terrorist attack.

The only Australian journalist invited for a sit down interview, Waleed hears first-hand the tragic events of Friday 15 March, the day 50 innocent people lost their lives and another 50 were injured.

The New Zealand Prime Minister has inspired the world with her strong leadership and empathy and in this exclusive interview, Waleed and the Prime Minister discuss the Australian gunman and how she and her country have coped through their darkest days.

Promo

3 Likes
5 Likes

Friday -

Peter Van Onselen, Gorgi, Dave Thornton and Jo Stanley.

3 Likes

During this evening’s ABC 7pm news, there is a report by Greg Jennett which features behind the scenes studio shots of Waleed’s interview with PM last night.

I believe 10 fed out all the camera angles to the networks

3 Likes

So did The Project tonight.

Sunday -

Susie Youssef joining Tommy, Hamish and Lisa.

5 Likes

I really like Susie but what has happened to Sarah?