The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Serena interview is on next Sunday.

2 Likes

Bit bizarre to sit on the Serena interview for a week.

5 Likes

Agreed. Risk of it being out of date news next week. Which it will be.

9 Likes

Should have screened tonight unless thereā€™s a restriction from Serena or because someone else has the right to run their interview first.

1 Like

Why does it even have to be on Sunday? Just to boost ratings for the Sunday show?

Edi: JBar might be right.

3 Likes

The generally leave the big feature stories (mainly the oneā€™s Lisa does) for the Sunday show, presumably to try and increase viewership.

3 Likes

Heā€™s changed his tune quickly

Also

From ten daily

Thatā€™s rubbish. You canā€™t plug and hold it till next weekend, thatā€™s poor performance. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d expect from the old Ten.

New Ten, Iā€™d expect it aired no later than 24hrs after Wilkinson landed back here.

What I hate is they will spend the entire week promoting the interview in EVERY ad break and milking it all week on the project. This is the exact rubbish behaviour we saw from previous Ten Management. End result is usually sub par ratings.

1 Like

Except it seems in this instance that Ten arenā€™t in a position to air the interview for whatever reason, I think that was pretty clear when there werenā€™t any ads promoting it before tonightā€™s show.

But donā€™t let that get in the way of a good rant about Tenā€™s supposed mismanagement.

3 Likes

Yes. It seems all these interviews were part of a promotional drive for Serena to spruik her Bra and Underwear line. Seems like they are timed to drop at the same time as her products are released and screening dates are a condition of the interviews.

The timing of her US Open meltdown was coincidental and Serena had already committed to those interviews and is obviously being asked about that significant event in those interviews.

3 Likes

Precisely. It would be embargoed.

3AW

Why The Project canā€™t air its Serena Williams interview (yet)

Peter Ford now has the real reason, he says.

From Lisa

Berlei is getting terrible PR advice then. What do they think will be the story when the Serena airs? Her fulsome comments on the US Open saga or the breast cancer campaign? Get the US Open stuff out of the way now and embargo the rest then get another hit of the news cycle when the Breast Cancer material airs.

5 Likes

Extended promo:

Tuesday -
Lisa Wilkinson filling in for Carrie tonight.

4 Likes

I like Lisa with Waleed. She is a bit ditzy on The Sunday Project and tonight I saw the Lisa I know; intelligent, debating and raunchy banter. She just seems out of her element on Sundays on a show that skews light, young and lacking news.

Carrie and Hamish are great.

2 Likes

Josh Zepps on the show tonight.

1 Like