The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

They are filming extra eps of Hughesy I got a Problem in Sydney this week.

Spot the mistake:

2 Likes

Is that vision from Conan’s TBS show?

2 Likes

How funny was Sharri Marksons face when the camera went to her when they were supposed to go to Rachel.

2 Likes

screencap please? Everyone knows thats Max Markson’s daughter right?

Really? … I really don’t like this comment. To compare a news reporter to a sexual pest in a course case is not a joke at all. Sexual Assult is not a joke. To do so diminishes people who have been in the past, really just shows how arrogant you are mate.

I think beards are okay for news reporters, esepcailly who are appearing on shows like the Project. I always considered The Project are more casual news magazine type show then formal like Seven News or Nine News.

1 Like

and don’t forget Tom Piotrowski from Commsec, pretty sure he was being held hostage and was forced to film those ads.

2 Likes

I wasn’t making light of assault. I was making light of his look.

If you were offended by that, then I withdraw my comment.

Sure is! The Project must be stuck in the days where Conan was on NBC :joy:

1 Like

Lots of ‘big’ pre-recorded interviews lately, new editorial direction or Lisa’s pulling power?

2 Likes

I’d say both. They probably always intended to go down that path and pursued Lisa to make it happen.

3 Likes

Just read about the supposed feud between Carrie and Lisa. The article was barely readable and kept repeating itself, think an intern wrote it? Oh it was New Idea. You can’t quit if you are in a 5 year contract right?

What load of shit. Saw that story pop up on my Google feed.

As a consequence, I have blocked New Idea so I never see anything from them ever again.

Karen Ferry from Gruen appears to be on tonight.

1 Like

Meshel Laurie on the panel again tonight.

Lisa’s mother passed away earlier in the week. I’d expect that Gorgi may host tomorrow night.

4 Likes

What was with the odd finance segment? Very newsy

1 Like

Well if it wasn’t already obvious, it was clearly inspired by today being International Women’s Day and had the shows usual comedic edge.

I thought it was pretty funny and well done myself.

1 Like

Because women don’t work in finance? I know a few women in finance. It doesn’t strike me as novel to have a woman report on finance. The female newsreader up here in Qld does the finance report every night.

I think you’ve missed the whole point of it, maybe try watching it again :point_up_2:t3:

Because they were quoting so many stasticts released today about pay parity between men & woman and the like, they presented it in the form of a faux finance update with plenty of puns.

2 Likes