The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m sure Lisa Wilkinson would’ve been given permission by Nine for these interviews with The Project…and also The Weekly on ABC-TV hosted by former Projector Charlie Pickering!

Ten not having a breakfast show probably helps, but in general I think the rivalry between Nine and Ten is more of a friendly one (especially with the amount of staffers at both networks who’ve previously worked at the other) compared with the Seven vs Nine rivalry.

6 Likes

Lisa also has reason to speak on this topic given her career history. Sam (to my knowledge) does not so that’s a bit ‘apples & oranges’.

2 Likes

They also interviewed her late last year when Dolly went out of print. I seem to remember seeing an interview with her around the same time and she mentioned that she was a fan of The Project so she likes being part of the show.

Interesting when she was asked a question about how co-host Karl would feel about Rebel Wilson’s payout considering the atrocious he was recently treated by the same/similar magazines that she mentioned she hadn’t spoken to him yet because he was hosting A Current Affair, so they were on competing shows tonight.

2 Likes

for those interested

5 Likes

Her appearance here was relevant and warranted due to her being the youngest editor of Dolly.

Coming from a significant magazine career, she would also be a go-to for most shows discussing the Bauer case.

Nobody is questioning it. I think it’s good that she appears on shows on rival channels.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ray Martin hosting The Sunday Project this week.

12 Likes

Samuel Johnson Live At The Project Desk On Monday.

Plus Sophie Monk, London Grammar, Peter Berner, The Script.

Next Week On The Project.

On Monday night The Project pays tribute to Connie Johnson. Her brave fight inspired a nation, with her Love Your Sister charity raising almost $5 million for cancer research. Now, her brother Sam speaks about his love for his sister and the legacy she leaves behind. Sam joins The Project desk live.

Comedian and author Peter Berner joins the Sydney team in studio on Sunday night to talk about his latest book, The Book Of They.

London Grammar’s latest album, Truth Is A Beautiful Thing, has been heralded as one of the best albums of 2017. Back touring on Australian shores, they are set to pop in on Tuesday night to talk about life on the road and their amazing success.

Australia’s favourite Bachelorette Sophie Monk drops by on Wednesday to chat about the biggest journey of her life as she begins her search for an honest, down-to-earth Aussie bloke in The Bachelorette Australia, which premieres Wednesday at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

Also on Wednesday, Irish rockers The Script chat about their latest album, Freedom Child, which is already top five on the ARIA Charts this week.

Plus Ray Martin, Natarsha Belling, Tommy Little, Fifi Box, Gretel Killeen, Rachel Corbett, Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald, Gorgi Coghlan, Meshel Laurie and Anthony “Lehmo” Lehmann join the panel across the week.

7 Likes

The Sunday Project team this week is Ray Martin,Natarsha Belling, Tommy Little and Rachel Corbett.

Carrie is returning on Monday.

5 Likes

Great team tonight. Hopefully they can use this lineup every Sunday.

And boy, Rachel Corbett is such a talent. She can handle comedy as well as an interview about terrorism. She will be a top shelf anchor in the near future, mark my words.

8 Likes

100% agree - I think she is extremely intelligent and versatile, and on top of that has an awesome personality.

5 Likes

She’s alright but she has got on my nerves sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

On Sam’s emotional interview.

1 Like

On The Sunday Project this week Hamish Macdonald, Natarsha Belling, Tommy Little and Gretel Killeen.

5 Likes

Best lineup they’ve had to date :ok_hand:t3: It’s great they’re able to get back former network personalities like this who all really add something to a show like The Project.

6 Likes

I agree, although I would prefer them to stick to one regular lineup each Sunday. I think viewers prefer familiarity, especially with the two main hosts.

1 Like

Minus Hamish, Tommy and Gretel.

Don’t personally like Hamish. He always comes across someone who’s unfriendly and smug.

1 Like