The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Personal opinion, Hugh is better suited to general news reporting & presenting a news bulletin IMO. I think Tarsh is better suited & shines in the particular format where she can show some more personality, she’s also not working throughout the week so why not? Be great to see a female duo as the main hosts from time to time. They’ve already got the comedy part of the show sorted with Pete etc so they should should stick with a main host who at least has some level of journalist crediability.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with what you’ve said about Tarsh but you don’t know what family commitments she has that might prevent her from being a last minute replacement as happened in this case with Waleed losing his voice.

You think Hugh is too serious but Tom is too funny? Oh well. I like both and don’t mind them mixing it up.

5 Likes

Agree. Hugh seriously lacks when it comes to banter, something highlighted regularly on the Sydney bulletin.

Gorgi is another option.

1 Like

I notice that too. The credits change to “Roving Enterprises format” then a Ten logo. Has the copyright changed hands?

1 Like

The point is Waleed is the permanent host not a replacement flown in from interstate, leaving his regular job to fill in when there are far better replacements available.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking

Hamish Macdonald is hosting next week while Waleed is in the US providing coverage in the lead up to the US Election.

5 Likes

With Waleed over there the project will probably provide better news coverage of the election tha ten news.

6 Likes

Well everybody keeps saying that commercial news is just about local news these days so they probably can’t be bothered anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hamish Macdonald hosting again next week with Gorgi filling in for Carrie on Monday night.

1 Like

The Project’s plans to conquer NZ, with the format being licensed to TV3

5 Likes

The Projict. I doubt that kiwis would be stupid enough to watch this crap.
I also love how Fairfax uses national ratings to pretend that the Project is a success, when they normally use 5 city figure for other programs.

2 Likes

Paul Henry anyone…

None of you might have seen Seven Sharp which would be its competition on TVNZ 1 at 7pm. A far worse show with an even more bias presenter than Paul Henry.

1 Like

A lot of Kiwis are leftists so probably right up their ally.

1 Like

But they are clear that those are regional figures - probably supplied by Roving Enterprises anyway.

They should all be talking about national figures rather than just 5 cities.

just LOVE to know where you plucked that out.

I agree. But Fairfax (and others) pick & choose. When they like a show they use national figures, refer to it as successful or a hit. But when they dislike a show, such as the Briefcase, they use emotive terms coupled with the 5 city figure -" only 595k " or “just 615k” In other words, they’re a bit like Luke.:grinning:

1 Like