The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

To some programs total viewers might be important. But this is clearly NOT important to The Project.

1 Like

When no advertisers buy on Total Viewers and the general public doesn’t really give a sh*t about how many viewers a program is getting, how is it irrelevant? It’s only relevant to the Newspapers who like ignore their own declining medium, and to everyone on MediaSpy…

2 Likes

Bit like how FOX in the States now ignores the overnight figures?

1. Advertisers still buy on total viewers when it comes to things like sport
  2. If the general public really doesn’t "…give a sht about how many viewers a program is getting"* like you’re suggesting, the only places where they would be reported on are media websites such as this one. As we all know, that clearly isn’t the case…

That’s different though - due to things like DVR viewing and catchup services, overnight figures isn’t a true reflection of how many people actually watched a program. Hence, it’s why more emphasis is being placed on consolidated figures

No, they dont. Total viewers only provides a lay person’s perspective on the viewership of a show. It’s a meaningless number to advertisers and bears no fruit when targeting their audience.

1 Like

Unless you’re a Media Buyer or work in advertising sales, how do you know Sport is bought on Total People?

Chemist Warehouse and NAB are both clients of mine who sponsor the AFL and neither of them buy the sponsorship on Total Audience. The TARPs bought across the sponsorship are all measured on 2-3 different demographics that align with different brands/products rather than a single one. I’ve been in Media for 9 years working in Media Agencies and Media Owner side now and nobody I know of buys any aspect of TV on Total People…

2 Likes

I hate TARPs

Ditto, hence why I now work in Out of Home! Still need to know a client’s media mix though and why they’re buying certain programming/Media in order to put forward a comprehensive brief response though and Total Audience is never a TV demo they buy on. Yes, they look at Total Contacts/Reach however it’s within a specific demographic/s.

1 Like

Thursday 19 September-

Waleed hosting with Rachel Corbett, Tommy Little and Myf Warhurst.

3 Likes

Friday 20 September-

Hamish hosting with Lisa,Joel Creasey and Monty Dimond.

5 Likes

Well that’s different.

2 Likes

No Sunday Project next week due to World Cup Rugby 2019 broadcast.

2 Likes

With the premiere of The Masked Singer Australia tomorrow night Dave Hughes is a guest tonight on The Sunday Project.
Dannii Minogue is a guest tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Tommy Little is filling in for Pete again this week.

3 Likes

Gretel is special guest co-host on tomorrow show according to a promo shown tonight.

3 Likes

So next Tuesday’s guest host will be from the previous night’s The Masked Singer?!?!

You could say Wednesday’s guest host might be whoever is sent home tomorrow night?

2 Likes

Great to hear Gretel will be back behind the desk. She is excellent on The Project.

11 Likes

Tuesday 24 September-

6 Likes

Wednesday 25 September-

Waleed hosting with Gorgi, Tommy and Ryan’Fitzy’ Fitzgerald.

4 Likes