The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah, I just wish it was a permanent return :frowning:

2 Likes

Waleed and wife Susan Carland can be seen sitting next to the PM at tonight’s Iftar dinner at Kiribilli House.

Malcolm Turnbull holds first Iftar dinner for Ramadan

1 Like

With Gorgi still on holidays this week Natarsha Belling will be co-hosting again this Friday night.

2 Likes

I was just thinking and some might disagree. I think the project should have 2 minute segment every night that breaks off to individual states just stating the current local news.

Not a bad idea but doesn’t Ten essentially do this now with newsbreaks in the ad breaks?

Yeh they probably do. But not too well. I was thinking something a little longer possibly ‘hosted’ by a radio duo in each state from a location in the city. I think The Project does a great job but because it is produced in Melbourne it often has a very Melbourne sense to it. I think having a bit localised content might appeal to some. Cost could be a bit much.

maybe like the Friday night whip-around but make it about news. It would have to be with Ten news presenters or reporters though. No wacky radio hosts.

6 Likes

Yeh somethin similar but i would have it straight after an ad break and viewers from sydney for example wouldnt need to hear melbourne local news. Something like that anyway.

Unnecessary.

As has already been suggested, a Ten News branded newsbreak after 7.30pm would take care of a local news update.

EPG for next week has Natarsha Belling co-hosting with Waleed for the week.

5 Likes

Natarsha really shines on The Project. Ten need to find something more than weekend news reading for her to do.

8 Likes

Just caught some new Supers during the 5 second ad. Finally fit in with the current graphics!

1 Like

New opener without headlines.

That was the most dry and boring first half hour ever.

Anyone get any caps?

Not sure what we are looking for but this is the opener

1 Like

I think @Nicholas was talking about the 5 second clips that are played in-between ad breaks, however there only played during the broadcast, not after the rerun.

Just caught the rerun. The opener is terrible without the headline teasers! Way too short. First they ditched the intro, now the headlines. it doesn’t work just having the date with “Live, Wednesday June 29, This is the Project”

Bad Move IMO

3 Likes

Watching the rerun right now here in Perth :slight_smile: The into is a bit too short. It’s better to be informed what will be on at the beginning, than gradually being later in the show.

1 Like

[quote=“Biscuit45, post:300, topic:160, full:true”]
I think @Nicholas was talking about the 5 second clips that are played in-between ad breaks, however there only played during the broadcast, not after the rerun.
[/quote] As you would have gathered, the headlines of what is coming up on the show at the start was MIA. Agree it was rather abrupt.