The Morning Show

Friday 15 April-
Good Friday 90-minute edition

Natarsha Belling is hosting with Larry today.

10 Likes

After the throw from Sunrise Larry appropriated some of their chocolates to be used as requied throughut TMS.

10 Likes

Do Kylie and Larry ever host together? They must have more days off than any other person on TV.

Also, TMS is becoming quite stale. Needs some sort of change. Maybe a studio audience?

2 Likes

It does seem like Larry and Kylie take a lot of time off. Understandably, Larry more often lately due to filming The Chase.

There’s not enough room for a studio audience at Martin Place. Not sure of what the new studios look like though - when they move later in the year. But as we have discussed alot in here lately - it would be nice to have windows shown on the show instead of making it look like a late night show.

1 Like

IMO the show’s main problem is the content, or more specifically the lack of content. Sometimes just to fill time, they show Larry and Kylie reacting to a funny cat/dog video, or something similar, for example.

2 Likes

Sunrise used to do studio audiences and that was in at Martin Place.

1 Like

There you go. I didnt know/remember Sunrise having a studio audience in the actual studio.

1 Like

They used to always do them on public holidays.

4 Likes

Is thst a problem when they are continuously number one in the timeslot?

3 Likes

The 11.00-11.30 sees a drop off in ratings and that’s probably due to the content.
I’ve watched TMS with my elderly Mum the last few days and she has made the same comment, that in that 30mins there would be 5 mins content when you take out commercial breaks and advertorials. Sometimes they come back from a break, show a quick clip for less than a minute then go to an advertorial.
I understand it allows them time to set up for the 11.30 news??

1 Like

They held them in the “performance area” so it is possible.

1 Like

I think it’s important to note that their “time off” is usually due to other commitments for the network, like Larry doing The Chase and Kylie doing DWTS this year. But judging by her Insta, Kylie is visiting her mum this time.

It’s also worth noting that in the UK, Holly & Phil only host This Morning four days a week.

2 Likes

I don’t remember this? Unless you’re talking about the studio audience that would build up outside the window behind the desk?

It would be good if one of Larry’s fill-ins is Daryl Somers

2 Likes

It was never a big audience. Maybe 20-30 seats? Public holidays, Olympics etc.

6 Likes

No it wouldn’t.

6 Likes

This has been asked and answered. See above. Sunrise often had studio audiences in the studio.

2 Likes

And I reckon have about 6 individual weeks plus summer breaks….they also have lots of other tv commitments and have a great back up team and with the newbie Josie being very capable.

I am not usually a fan but Daryl was bearable last night

1 Like

No thanks.

2 Likes