The Morning Show

With Sarah Cumming moving to the Gold Coast, most likely Ryan Phelan will return to presenting news updates from next week.

EDIT -
News Updates w/c 20 November -

Monday - Samantha Brett
Tuesday - Ryan Phelan returned from holidays.

1 Like

Angela Cox co-hosting with Larry today.

3 Likes

Sally Obermeder co-hosting with Larry on Wednesday & Thursday and Angela Cox co-hosting with Larry on Friday this week.

2 Likes

2017 ratings:

The Morning Show 136,000
Today Extra 123,000

3 Likes

Any figures available for Studio 10?

I’ve added the info provided by Ten to

9.30am to 11am: 89,000, up 5% on same point in 2016
8.30am to 9.30am: 55,000, up 5% on same point in 2016
8.30am to 11am: 75,000, up 5% on same point in 2016.
11am to midday: 75,000. 37% timeslot growth.

The numbers for The Morning Show and Today Extra would be for 9:00 am to 11:00am.

5 Likes

Oops hadn’t got that far yet, thanks.

Angela Cox co-hosting with Larry on Monday & Tuesday this week.

5 Likes

I know the graphics have been this way since the start of the year, but how can they look at the logo and the wordmark on the studio videowalls and think “yes, this blends well”. I love the light, airy look of the wordmark and it works well in the background, would love to see a new or updated logo that features the same font.

5 Likes

Sally Obermeder co-hosted with Larry on Wednesday and Friday, Angela Cox co-hosted on Thursday this week

2 Likes

Samantha Brett presenting news updates on Friday.

1 Like

Co- hosts this week :

Monday - Sally Obermeder

EDIT - Kylie returned on Tuesday

3 Likes

Summer series from January 1.

2 Likes

Sally Obermeder co-hosting with Larry today

2 Likes

Ryan Phelan co-hosting with Kylie and presenting news updates today

3 Likes

They seem to be getting a new set in the New Year I saw on Facebook with Karen. Don’t know if she means for the infomercials or for the whole program. This will also include The Daily Edition

9 Likes

Has to be for the infomercials considering it is already built and the chance of TMS getting a separate set to Sunrse is very slim.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they relocate TDE and TMS to Technology Park… there’s no need for them to be at Martin Place. Especially with 7 condensing a lot of their business operations/ cost cutting…

2 Likes

The infomercials for The Morning Show/The Daily Edition are already produced from the Eveleigh studios, aren’t they?

Probably something to discuss at another time/topic, but I actually wonder how long it’ll be until Seven moves away (or at the very least, considerably scales back their presence) from Martin Place.

1 Like

I personally hope they don’t ever. To me, that is a big advantage Sunrise and the rest of Seven have over Nine with all their news shows being done from Martin Place. There is really a connection between the show and the people or fans/viewers since they can come down to Martin Place and easily see the shows being filmed and the Sunrise team is often out in the plaza there mingling with their fans. Whereas it is to my understanding that all the respective Nine shows are stuck up completely inside a studio in Willoughby, completely away from where anyone could see it being filmed. I just really like being able to see and know that the shows are being filmed right in the heart of Sydney and not away in the suburbs. I’m just saying; you see this is another reason that has made me like Seven compared to other channels.

3 Likes