The Masked Singer

If we get the names we may consider publishing them, and if we do it will be in a responsible way so that you have to click and scroll down to find it

2 Likes

Does that contradict the philosophy of no spoilers? You can understand Iā€™m a Celebrity etc because find that out from the first episode. But a show like this works different. Seems like double standards if you ask meā€¦

2 Likes

Personally I hate spoilers, some people love them. But if factions within 10 continue to leak production details because they feel alienated by management, then I believe it becomes a legitimate news story. We recently published the names of a number of contestants on Survivor, but we deliberately avoided posting the names on social media, to ensure fans of the show had a choice regarding if they wished to read those names or not.

1 Like

Who are you?

Co-Editor of TV Blackbox website and journalist who first revealed 10 had purchased the rights to The Masked Singer back in March.

1 Like

But again Survivor leaks are going to be different to this show. I get what you are saying but I am sure there is another way of reporting on the fractions without giving away spoilers to a show that is a guessing game throughout the whole run of the showā€¦ I would be a bit disappointed if they got reported by your outlet after the clear opinion of hating spoilers from your creater.

Rob is not my creator, he is my friend and business partner.

The Masked Singer is a format based on secret identities. If 10 is unable to keep those names secret then that would be a massive expensive failure, and that failure would be a legitimate news story. I will not be going out of my way to find the names of the singers, but if they fall into my lap as a lot of stuff from 10 has this year thenā€¦

So you will give away spoilers to benefit a news story?

1 Like

I really enjoy tvblackbox and the podcast, but am starting to find you guys missing the point nowā€¦ Better judgement is required.

Guessing your best views are from breaking the leaksā€¦ I understand that. But you know other outlets are going to pick the story up, as Rob so proudly enforced (gloated) on last weekā€™s podcast.

If it does get leaked, perhaps take the higher morale ground this time given the nature of the show. Show some restraintā€¦?

PS: Starting the pilot week article with ā€œthe number four networkā€ was a bit of a cheap shot, but you guys already knew that!

PPS: if 10 contacted you through official channels, immediately after a leak, and gave you the list with an embargo to not reveal them, what would tvblackbox do?

3 Likes

Negativity and spoilers are clickbait.

It seems the grievances and vengeance will continue. The attacks will continue until those leakers are found and sacked.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a difference between a journalist breaking a story with a leak, eg, getting advanced inside info on the Budget, exposing corruption in a bank or big business etc, and spoiling a program for Ten and the viewers who want to watch the program. Would you leak the storylines of Neighbours and therefore deny those fans the enjoyment of watching it?

Simply donā€™t click the link would be my advice :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Of course they would! Itā€™s how they roll!

To be honest Iā€™m not sure I would do that. I think itā€™s one thing to reveal cast members of reality shows but this would be different due to the fact it completely ruins the show. It was the same point I made about not revealing the winner of IAC

7 Likes

Iā€™ve only just read through all of the replies to the original question and seen @KevinPerry responsesā€¦ itā€™s obviously a conversation we might need to have and make a decision as a team, but Iā€™ve laid my case out about spoilers quite a few times. I think everyone who listens to the podcast knows where I stand.

1 Like

I get that it comes across that way but I actually think 10 now being the #4 network is news worthy.

I openly said last week that if 10 included us and we were under embargo from information they had given us then we would be bound by that.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget humphrey B bear and fat cat!

1 Like

Scott Tweedie and Liv Phyland as hosts?

1 Like

It is good to hear that response.

I just need to point out to @KevinPerry. A few weeks ago a HBO episode of Game of Thrones leaked online. I didnā€™t see spoilers from you in regards to that. You canā€™t have double standards. That also clearly outlines an inability to contain the show.

The pool of talent willing to humiliate themselves by participating in this show is shallow. Iā€™d be shocked if a really big name signed up to it. By big name I mean an Australian singer or band member who has consistently had songs that have charted throughout the years.

I think weā€™re in for a parade of former X Factor, Australiaā€™s Got Talent, Australian Idol and The Voice contestants desperate to make a bit of money from their talent because they faded from the limelight years ago. Ten has a track record of attracting people with questionable ā€œcelebrityā€ status to these shows. I wouldnā€™t expect anyone bigger than Paulini, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Anthony Calea, Wes Carr, Casey Donovan, Rhonda Burchmore or a former Tin Lid to be involved.

2 Likes