The Masked Singer

They were all well known unless you’ve been living under a rock.

This post from 10 play says it’s coming Thursday October 1st, is that just for catch-up? Strange.

2 Likes

Or don’t have kids. You could be forgiven for knowing the red wiggle. Same goes for if your not a sports fan. All are known within their field but it’s rare that everyone is going to know all celebrities. Not many people would be a big fan of cricket in the 90s and a fan of the wiggles now.

3 Likes

True. If I saw a photo of Michael Bevan, I wouldn’t be able to name him but I do recognise his name. If I saw a photo of the Red Wiggle, I would recognise him as such but it’s only now that I know he is Simon Pryce.

With those American ones, I probably wouldn’t recognise most of them from a photo and don’t know what half of them have done in the past.

1 Like

According to this post, the show will be seen 7:30 Wed & Thur next week.

3 Likes

It will happen due to The Bachelorette season 6 premiering on October 7, leaving The Masked Singer USA on Thursday nights.

And as TVCynic posted in Ten Network schedules thread, there will be a special sneak peek on 10 this Friday (September 25) at 9.30pm.

2 Likes

Which means the 2nd episode will air the same day as the US.

1 Like

Did anyone else catch the Masked Singer USA special late last night? They have 16 masks! (17 if you count the two owls) so they must eliminate 2 each ep?. Some of the costumes are wild!

Are you spruiking for Ten?

No, I actually fell asleep early and woke up to it and thought I was having a weird fever dream.

The clues were so vague and they all sounded the same so it might be fun trying to guess them as opposed to the Aussies we know so well.

Have you been tested for coronavirus? :mask:

There were 17 episodes last year. So just one reveal per episode.

its going to run that long here? its taking up the bachelorettes spot

I saw that special last night as well. Some of the early clues are ambiguous.
According to the show’s official Twitter account, the 16 masks had been divided into three groups, A, B and C. Group A performed on the first episode (which will air next Wednesday night). Group B will perform on the second episode (to air next Thursday night). Thursday week is group A playoff. Group C will perform later.

2 Likes

The bachelorette seems to be only running once per week on Wednesday’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to Tuesday and Wednesday later on.

1 Like

Sundays-Mondays: Junior Masterchef

Tuesday-Wednesdays: The Bachelorette

Thursdays: Masked Singer U.S

My Guess

3 Likes

I doubt 10 will be moving Bachelorette from its traditional Wed/Thur evenings if it increased to two nights per week.

2 Likes

According to TV Week, The Bachelorette is Wednesday and Thursday next week.

No idea which timeslot they are shunting The Masked Singer to because its not listed in the program guide. However, there are To Be Announced slots for Friday 8.30pm and Thursday 10pm.

Also some dodgy sounding specials for Monday and Tuesday.
#Trump: How Social Media Changed the Presidency
Prince William: A Planet For Us All

Gogglebox is ratings quite well at the moment so there is no way it will be bumped to 10pm. There are 5-6 episodes to go this season if past seasons are to go by.
I still think The Masked Singer will be shown on Thursday nights with The Bachelorette on Wednesdays for the time being.

Gogglebox is at 9pm following The Bachelorette. I repeat, The Bachelorette is on Wednesday and Thursday next week at 7.30pm.