The Masked Singer

Has Ten actually confimed that they expressing to air the upcoming season 4 of Maskedn Singer U.S?

According to that promo above it is the fourth season. Gremlin, Snow Owl etc. are all masks for the upcoming fourth season.

Yeah, they’ll milk it for all it’s worth.

You wouldn’t have even noticed that Osher wasn’t in the studio if they didn’t make a point of it. It was done very well. I did laugh a bit at Ursila, the camera seemed very close to her and clearly the video quality and lighting in her hotel wasn’t as great.

2 Likes

Yeah Ursila’s wasn’t fantastic but the rest was incredibly done. Even the background of Jackie. You really didn’t notice. I am still stunned at how well it was done.

2 Likes

10 confirmed this morning The Masked Singer US season 4 would debut on Wednesday, September 30, six days after America due to time difference. Beware of online spoilers.

4 Likes

In a 7:30pm timeslot? Will be interesting to see how it goes after just finishing the local version.

1 Like

I cant see why Ten cant air on Thursdays at 7:30pm starting on 24 September to avoid spoilers

5 Likes

Probably because it would be a few hours after screening in America so they wouldn’t be able to get their act together to pick up from the satellite and screen it on 10. They have struggled doing it in the past and have given up.

Entertainment Tonight was done that way for a while but they started having trouble with delivery and preparing to screen it, so started missing episodes and they gave up. Now it screens a day later.

2 Likes

There’s also the possibility of the show being pre-empted or not airing one week in the US.

This has happened with a few shows on Foxtel too that used to air same day and now it’s next day or a week later. I was wondering if rights are cheaper if there is a bit of a delay but it seems to be more common for shows that have multiple episodes a week so I think you could be right. Days of Our Lives is an example that used to be fast tracked the same day as the US - then a few months ago they moved it to be a week behind the US and they gave no real explanation for it.

I can’t see this doing that well if 10 are airing this 6 days late. If they are airing it that late they should have just aired on Sundays or Tuesdays.

2 Likes

Probably about as well as America’s Got Talent and Britain’s’ Got Talent that are weeks old on Seven.

The Masked Singer probably works a little differently though as part of the appeal is the surprise of celebrities.

2 Likes

Guarantee we will know maybe 2 or 3 of them from old shows but the rest will be like who?

2 Likes

Maybe they will play episode 2 the next day and then settle in to Thursday’s from there? This would give the Bach franchise a small break.

3 Likes
1 Like

So similar to the Australian version?

Who didn’t you know from the last Australian season? IMO they were all fairly well known. The only ones I didn’t know and had to Google were the Wiggle and the winner.

1 Like

More of a tongue and cheek comment because people always complain about not knowing a celebrity. Fact is some are going to know a celebrity some are not, if you know everyone on the show then the producers aren’t doing a great job at selecting a wide range of stars to suit different demographics.

2 Likes