The Living Room

Solid first episode. My favourite segments are Crazy Bull Tour of Melbourne (Miguel and Chris) and the Help! Desk.

2 Likes

Haven’t got around to watching but is there an audience ? Do they still do Hot or Not with random gadgets?

No audience, and no hot or not either.

I assume they can’t do either of these things due to the agreement they reached with WTF when they took over internal production of the show from them, they probably infringe on the IP for the original format of the show.

They still do that silly segment ‘Hack off’.

2 Likes

This is terrible.

And the renovations are not that good either. All the good elements of the previous version were better. This format is just shithouse. 10 have ruined it.

2 Likes

Tonight 6 May 2022

Do the morons at 10 have any idea? Their promo for this weeks show is the most ridiculous I’ve ever seen. In no way would anyone want to watch that. Notwithstanding it doesn’t even tell people what’s on this weeks show.

To profile that ridiculous segment is in no way remotely entertaining. Completely jumped the shark with this show.

No show this week (July 15) due to 10’s coverage of exhibition football match between Manchester United and Melbourne Victory from the MCG.

I just heard the end of the “Jonesy and Amanda” Breakfadt Show. Kellar said that the show is taking a break in 2023, and will return in 2024. Needed a break and work on ideas to tweak the show to how it once was.

She said that there is 5 epiosdes to go this year and one of these episodes will be a Christmas Special.

Just switch back to the old format, hardly need a year off to fix it

6 Likes

Highly unlikely it will return. “Rested” is a way to say it’s axed without officially axing it. The new in house format has been a disaster.

10 fucked up something that was doing well to try and keep all that in show product placement revenue for itself.

6 Likes

Agree.

But the previous two years 10 has delayed the season start. I think this year it launched in April, 10 weeks after Gardening Australia and BH&G have been in that timeslot for the year. Peoples Friday night habits are already looked in for the year.

3 Likes

Tbe new set last year (which lasted one season), late season starts and format changes didnt help. Just bring it back like its glory days.

3 Likes

Would Graham Norton rate the same in the same timeslot and cost less?

Probably

Final episode for quite a while with the season final on 25 November.

Update: This is a Christmas special.

1 Like

Excellent interview with Amanda ahead of season finale tonight.

Blame The Project… right.

1 Like

One thing she is right about is that it is unlikely to return. I think it had more than a fair run. The changes they made to the show were not popular with viewers so ratings dropped.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why they left it on Fridays when they could’ve tried it on Thursday or Saturday.

4 Likes