The Latest

Jerrie is presenting tonight - JERRIE DEMASI on Instagram: "Can’t sleep? Me either 😅 Join us on the late shift… @thelatest7news"

7 Likes

Should be the real name of The Latest given how it airs after ABC, Nine and SBB’s late news :laughing:

In all seriousness, Jerri will apparently be one of the rotating presenters (along with Samantha Jolly, and Charlotte Goodlet), who will be filling in for Tim.

Also looks like someone photoshoped separate photos of Tim and Jerri and inserted them onto the background.

7 Likes

I don’t know if he’s defiant about it :wink:

1 Like

Tim did all he’s university studies at Perths UWA

1 Like

Strange that Tim did the update for tonight. Looks like they are sticking with “after 10.30” for the promos.

5 Likes

“After the Tennis” lives on (kinda), with the “not before #” time format.

1 Like

Probably don’t know how long The Front Bar and Talking Footy will run for exactly, as both go overtime.

6 Likes

Also strange we are getting a news update out of Sydney with no mention to stay tuned later in the night. Would have made more sense to have the national update recorded out of Perth under The Latest brand (and recorded later in the night) and to promote the bulletin later in the night.

7 Likes

Could it be that Sydney did the update because Perth is doing their bulletin at the time?

1 Like

No. It was 15 minutes after Perth’s bulletin had finished.

1 Like

Maybe they were also recording Perth’s night updates, but yeah, the updates should be from The Latest team in Perth, even if Tim is in a live cross studio, and the update’s are controlled from Sydney, or Melbourne, etc.

2 Likes

Another W I D E opening shot.

Cross to Melbourne newsroom

Cross to European correspondent Ashlee Mullany who after her royal report “and now to some other stories making news around the world.” with two reports read three random stories.

6 Likes

Obviously not tonight!!!

Do they even know what they’re doing??

There was a cross to Ashlee Mullany in London regarding Princess Kate. She then briefly presented two other unrelated world stories, including one from Japan. It was quite weird.

3 Likes

Technically she never said she was presenting. She said join us (meaning The Latest) tonight.

3 Likes

I mean true, but still an odd post regardless.

1 Like

The date on the image posted did say Thursday 7 March :thinking:

1 Like

She would have just screenshotted that from 7Plus.

1 Like

That set is way too busy visually.
Get rid of whatever it all is above the screen behind the desk, and just have that white like in Sydney and Brisbane.

5 Likes