The Latest

Looks like the camera is trying to focus on everything except the presenter in that shot.

2 Likes

Great choice to have Tim read the bulletin - nice for him to get national exposure for viewers outside of Perth :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I like it, trust the product, not whether it says live. It doesn’t matter, as long as the content is up-to-date where it can be.

3 Likes

Cross the the Perth newsroom suitably adorned with The Latest on background monitors. .

Weather and Final Frame

6 Likes

Tim used to fill in for Today and anchor some of Nine’s National bulletins, that’s why he was chosen for Nine News Perth.

9 Likes

A good whip around of the latest news, but I think the screen for the weather and final frame has too much of an angle, needs to be reduced a bit.

1 Like

So good :slight_smile:

The single presenter shots need to be tighter. The desk is up to his neck. No wonder Rick and Sue looked dwarfed in the wideshots.

1 Like

Currently The Latest is only on 3 nights a week!!

1 Like

That would look good if they expanded the ‘screen’ behind Tim to go to the top of our screens. At the moment the jagged edges ruin it and make it look fake (which it obviously is).

Maybe the reason Perth still doesn’t have a new set is because Melbourne will get a new set when they relocate and the current set will be shipped to Perth?

Extremely wishful thinking, but Melbourne’s set is somewhat out of place now with the new national look. Adelaide’s already gotten a few hand-me-downs, maybe it’s Perth’s turn?

6 Likes
8 Likes

I am sure Tim did a fill in on Today a few year ago during the summer season. I could be wrong. But I am sure he was exposed to Australians nationwide.

Before that he was in at 9 Melbourne.

Can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

They spend half the bulletin pausing for wipes in between pre-recorded packages. It’s so tacky.

3 Likes

Confirmed

It would be nice to have a real set but I must admit I am surprised by how well they incorporated The Latest’s graphics in to the virtual set.

I actually wish the 6:00pm news looked like that. This looks much better, jagged edges excluded. An impressive first night by the Perth team with what they have to work with.

It is fantastic to see Tim getting national exposure once again too. He was a great choice to present this.

13 Likes

Why’s the desk curvy…???

Double confirmed.

7 Likes

Tim got his start on Nine News Melbourne in the late-noughties. Also spent a year in Sydney in 2011.

Courtesy: BradF89

5 Likes

Completely off topic but that was such an odd period for Nine News Melbourne when the weekend news was presented standing up.

In front of a green screen, guess nothing has changed for Tim :wink:

8 Likes