The Latest

Blooper tonight, at least in Sydney.

Hard cut-in mid-way into the Cleo disappearance story then some off-air chit chat between the reporter and Michael for around 20 secs (how are you, how’s your day been?) before black screen then the bulletin started proper with the intro.

2 Likes

No airing tonight?

2 Likes

Also no bulletin on Monday.

2 Likes

OIC. The one time I thought I’d sit down and watch before bed. That’s a shame.

4 Likes
5 Likes

The Latest: Finding Cleo

From 9.15pm

Then join Michael Usher from 9.15pm AEDT for a special one-hour edition of The Latest from 7NEWS on Channel 7 and 7plus, live to a team of reporters at key locations with up-to-the-minute developments and analysis of what really happened and the moment that turned the case.

Hear from police on the ground as they continue their investigations, as well as the suspect’s neighbours and their first-hand accounts of the 36-year-old’s strange behaviour in the days leading up to Cleo’s rescue. Plus, the latest reaction from Cleo’s family.

4 Likes

Just our of curiosity… will The Latest be stopping (again) for 2 months over the summer?

It’s a little bit of a funny incidence if that turns out to be true. After all, remember that the bulletin originated over the 2018 summer holidays… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What’s with the bright light sunny back drop and graphics for the Cleo special tonight?

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m all for happy and bright graphics to celebrate Cleo being found, but this looks like a unicorn spewed all over the set.

8 Likes

Western Australia - the Golden West maybe?

1 Like

Back to normal tonight with a panel discussion later.

5 Likes

Love the Dee and Caroline segment.

1 Like

Tonight, Michael Usher chatted with Dee Madigan and Caroline Overington. Their talk aired as a a three-way-split-screen chat. We know that some of the interviews/chats on The Latest are not live. But Caroline’s background was clearly a daytime shot with city shots in the distance (like cars and buses driving past, and people walking past). It’s not a big thing, but it annoyed me for some reason.

2 Likes

The “Season Final” is marked down for Thursday November 25 at 11:30pm.

2 Likes

Season final? Not running through Summer? (Did Nine run through Summer last year?)

1 Like

The Latest finished on the same day last year as well.

1 Like

In other words, the official ratings season will be over so no need for Seven to put the bulletin to air.

3 Likes

Season Final for a News bulletin. That really shows their commitment to it doesn’t it :man_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes