The Latest

Using the new font on the Seven News bug now:

3 Likes

A little sad the props department couldn’t get out a new desk rim in time. Not blaming them of course, just another piece of missed synchronicity.

4 Likes

Monday 03rd August:
Angela Cox is presenting tonight, having returned back to Sydney.

I wonder why they couldn’t have just called in Michael Usher (if Mel is on holidays), or had Mike Amor do it from Melbourne for instance, as Ange was probably travelling back from Brisbane to Sydney today, if she drove down she’d probably be entitled to have a well deserved night off (although she must have flown by plane, probably would’ve been cutting it too fine driving).

9 Likes

9 Likes

Monday 10 August-

Screenshot_20200810-152837~2

10 Likes

Amazing that Seven knew of the need for a “special extended” bulletin tonight 5 days ago. Amazing predictive powers.

13 Likes

Angela is doing some great work on The Latest tonight. She was also great on TMS today.

11 Likes

Tuesday 11 August-

Angela Cox is presenting tonight.

11 Likes

Do we think The Latest is only airing three nights a week now?

I say this because tonight there is no Wednesday episode due to the movie airing, and the last couple of weeks before this one there were no Tuesday episodes due to the 2000 Sydney Olympics specials.

Could this just be temporary, or do we reckon it’s permanently going to be three nights a week going forward? It wouldn’t surprise me if they did this to cut costs (even though it’s only one day of the program they’d be cancelling out).

Unfortunately it wouldn’t awfully surprise me if The Latest is axed at the end of the year so that resources can be focused on the 6pm news, or to dump the bulletin in favour of a late news bulletin, like Nine have.

5 Likes

I can’t understand why it’s not on tonight?

2 Likes

The movie which started at 8:30pm runs to 11:30pm, so they must see no point in chucking it on from 11:30pm-12:00am.

3 Likes

I think it was to do with AFL changes.

1 Like

This is their late news bulletin?

5 Likes

I meant as in a straight-up news bulletin, like a 30-minute Early/Morning News bulletin you see, but it airs in the evening. Pretty much Nine News Late but it would be called something like Seven Late News.

2 Likes

Thursday 13th August: Melissa Doyle is presenting tonight.

9 Likes

Screenshot_20200821-112324~2

With Mel leaving the network we will probably see Angela Cox as the main fill in for Michael…or even taking on Monday nights which Mel did.
Also wouldn’t be surprised we will see Matt Doran as a fill in if Michael and Angela are both unavailable from time to time.

15 Likes

She was also very good for this program. Sad to see her go.

9 Likes

Weather segment last night, no names for the country forecasts:

Only a graphics error as Michael still read them out with the right towns.

5 Likes

Any idea yet who will be presenting this bulletin tonight? I would assume Angela Cox but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michael is called in.

4 Likes

Angela Cox is presenting tonight.Looks like she will now present every Monday replacing Mel

11 Likes