The increasingly crowded streaming market

I have Stan HD, Netflix HD, Prime yearly and Disney+ yearly… paid via Itunes for that one …if The Simpsons was not on it wouldn’t have it as that’s all I have that one for…

Am thinking of getting Apple TV + as the catalogue is smaller, but quality looks good and it’s less than $10 for HD

Might get Binge to access HBO , as I’ve never seen HBO shows before (Was not happy with Presto) and a few shows interest me for the price. Can pay via Itunes.

Just need to work out now if the total cost of all these services and paying with Itunes gift card credit for Disney+, Binge and Apple TV+ starts to make it the same per month as a Foxtel top level plan?

1 Like

Their debt to revenue ratio would be fine compared to foxtel and seven so there is no issue carrying that much debt to grow the company and they’re a making profits.

4 Likes

Ok for me for Stan ,Netflix, Prime , Disney , Appletvplus and music and Binge it works out just over $2.20 to $2.40 a day … was quite surprised. No 4k plans though for me. Paying Binge, Apple TV Plus and Music as well as Disney by Itunes gift cards depending on price discount…

Not signing up to any more services though.

How has Foxtel secured the deal with HBO etc which would have cost a fair bit, if they are short on money? More debt ? Yet they are going to have less revenue now with Binge .

I watch Apple TV through someone else’s login (hope I am allowed to say that). But I have found all the content I have watched on there to be great. Would I pay it myself? Possibly.

I agree. AppleTV+ content whilst limited is really quite good. I don’t currently subscribe but happy to dive in and out as new shows release that i’m keen on. Pretty impressed with the frequency of releases too.

1 Like

Where else can content that is on the newly launched HBO Max in the US also be found in our territory (apart from Binge)? That is I guess, what HBO Max content can’t Binge get, because SVOD rights are already on another (e.g.) Stan, Netflix.

There’d surely be some shows / movies.

Or did Foxtel’s recent lucrative Warner output just signed terminate those deals with other streamers?

I thought the contract for HBO was for Foxtel and Binge? I’m assuming that new HBO content will be on Foxtel Now before it appears on Binge.

I was just thinking that. I feel Disney+ will be here for a long time it’s doing rather well inset it and has a lot of subscribers? Stan could be in trouble though, I think their library has become diminished because of Disney+ and the HBO content moving to Binge.

1 Like

So Does Stan (as of this very moment) have any WB shows or movies? Or have they all become exclusive to Foxtel Now / Binge?

If Foxtel was ever to collapse it would still be valuable for the customer base, platforms, technology and content. Even if it was revamped as a IPTV offering and streaming services.

1 Like

Love Life that started tonight is a HBO Max show and it is on Stan in Australia (and its Warner Media distribution).

4 Likes

Good example. Interesting. Wonder how Foxtel would feel about that, considering their recent expensive signing.

According to news.com.au it is distributed in Australia by Lionsgate who have a deal with Stan.

2 Likes

Production company is lionsgate though which is why Stan has it.

1 Like

No doubt Disney+ will be around for a while but they’re hook is the library/back catalogue… they’re definitely slow to release new titles, been around for 6+ months and really only have released 1 solid show aimed at a more adult audience (Mandalorian) and with no cinema releases anytime soon it could be a while before we see new blockbuster content getting added to the platform.

1 Like

Sounds like an output deal issue @Sully @Bort

1 Like

New MS words/acronyms/phrases to be blacklisted me thinks (for those that need reminding what that looks like, a certain now summer reality show: ■■■■■■■■):

deal
output
output deal
rights

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“VatiVision”

After its launch in Italy, the service will expand to what its creators deemed “primary” target countries, such as the United States, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Colombia, the Philippines, and Poland, eventually expanding into others.

2 Likes

That’s a bit of a Hail Mary from VatiVision; it could all collapse in a puff of white smoke.

2 Likes