The increasingly crowded streaming market

They do a lot of community and lower tier sports

4 Likes

What ever happened to Bar TV? Isn’t this what they were doing?

Still operating I believe

1 Like

I have been a contractor for CluchTV since their beginning.

I know the owner personally, he’s a good guy & always easy to work with him & his team, shame to hear this news but I heard this was coming earlier this year from others, shame it actually has happened :frowning:

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder if Seven West Media’s decision to roll out Streamer nationally is due to the recent collapse of CluchTV?

2 Likes

You’d think that would probably have been their intention all along, but likely it’s been accelerated now there is an opportunity to get those local community sport groups on board who are likely caught up in Cluch’s demise.

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m surprised - unlike Kayo/News it didn’t seem to have the scale to be able to monetise the lower tier leagues it was covering.

2 Likes
2 Likes

These lower tier sports streamers are pretty niche - making them viable would be a challenge.

1 Like

Why not just use the existing “Cricket Network” brand as Cricket Network Plus or something?

Speaking of which

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Exiting Australia? What does Starz do in Australia?

1 Like

Supplying shows to Stan?

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what it refers to, as it’s a content supply deal and not actually having business here in Australia - likely an oversight by the writer.

1 Like

Wasn’t Starz Available via Prime at one point?

1 Like

You’re right, Starzplay launched as a Prime Video channel back in November 2021.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the Lionsgate+ Prime channel is run under the Starz division (since it used to be Starzplay). Can’t imagine there were too many subscribers

3 Likes