The Grand Tour

I wonder what sort of arrangement Seven made when they obtained the rights to Season 1 - having to promote Amazon’s Season 2.

3 Likes

The Grand Tour is changing its format. The studio show is finished after three seasons, with Clarkson, Hammond and May focusing on big-budget specials to be shown over the next two years. Clarkson said there were only so many times you can watch a BMW go round the track. Season 3 premieres on Amazon on January 18, 2019.

4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Didn’t know which one to put it in, given the presenter…but I KNEW IT!

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

“We’ve got two in the bag, though, so there’s one coming out very soon. I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say here. Then [there is] another one coming out a bit after that.”

1 Like
1 Like

Amazon Prime Video has enlisted three UK-based production companies to pitch new versions of The Grand Tour as the streamer looks to extend the show, TBI understands.

The show had been produced by UK-based prodco Expectation but TBI has now learned that the streamer is taking pitches on a reworked format from three other UK companies: All3Media’s Studio Lambert, Banijay’s Shine TV and Dan Grabiner’s Orchard Studios.

Details of how the new versions being pitched will differ from the original are not known but TBI understands talent is being proposed as part of presentations.

https://tbivision.com/2024/02/28/prime-video-prepares-to-extend-the-grand-tour/

1 Like