The Front Bar

It’s uploaded to +7 isn’t it?

1 Like

At the end of tonight’s show, Andy Maher said “we will see you (pause for two seconds) next Friday night”. Did he forget the show would be back next Thursday night or is he correct? I know there will be a special episode next Friday after the E.J. Whitten Legends Game.

The Front Bar will air as the post-game show after the EJ Whitten Legends game.

Just as it is after Thursday night AFL.

They corrected him saying both Thu and Friday.

Seven announced at the 2018 upfronts today that the show would be expanded to cover the Winter Olympic Games in South Korea next February, and also the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast next April. Hopefully it will be as good and hilarious as The Dream with Roy and HG a decade ago.

1 Like

I wonder if Ten has Sam Pang signed HYBPA for next year, or if Seven will sign him to an exclusive contract? :thinking:

Same goes for Andy Maher who calls Big Bash League cricket for Ten.

Mick Molloy is also a regular on HYBPA. All 3 hosts jump between Ten and Seven.

From yesterday’s upfronts, the Winter Olympics edition of The Front Bar will be called The Front Chalet, while the Commonwealth Games edition will be called The Front Balcony (a reference to the balcony which is a common feature on the Gold Coast apartments).

Any idea if they’ll be filmed on location or just in the Melbourne studio?

Apparently there will be special Front Bar episodes during the Winter Olympics this year. Mick Molloy and Andy Maher were at the Australian Open Men’s Singles Final promoting it.

2 Likes

Andy Maher looked ridiculous tonight.

37 degrees, standing in full snow gear. Not a healthy look, albeit meant to be humorous.

Yes, announced during the upfronts late last year. Mentioned a few posts above by @JohnsonTV

1 Like

I hope it performs well in Sydney and Brisbane, such a good show, particularly Molloy and Pang.

Those viewers would know Andy, Mick and Sam well from HYBPA and Ten’s BBL (among former sports) though.

1 Like

Promo just aired - seems to have been renamed as “The Front Bar: Winter Edition”

…makes sense

5 Likes

Doesn’t it always screen in Winter though?

3 Likes

Not allowed to use the o l y m p I c word maybe ???

Shouldn’t have stopped them calling it the Front Chalet.

Could only guess they’re trying to build the brand?

2 Likes

Glad to see them extending into NSW/QLD on main channel for exposure. Maybe we’ll see other specials in the future (Comm Games, Olympics)?

Rated an impressive 260k or something in Melbourne one episode against Footy Show (smashing it) at its peak last year. You can see why Seven are doing more with it. It’s Mick’s production company too (via Seven).

All 3 talent, especially Mick and Sam are well known (or at least known) in those states too, from other shows (comedies, etc).

1 Like

Uh, they announced they’ll be on air during the Conm Games back in October last year. As posted in this very thread:

3 Likes