The Footy Show (AFL)

Wonder if it will run on GEM (even overnight) or not.

3 Likes

I’ve checked the online guides, and unfortunately Gather Round Spectacular won’t air on 9Gem or overnight in NRL states. The only way for viewers in these areas to watch the program is via 9Now.

1 Like

The Sunday Footy Show will broadcast from the banks of River Torrens in Adelaide CBD this Sunday (April 7) on the final day of Gather Round. The live show starts at 9.15am Adelaide time but the TV broadcast is still at 10am locally, as well as in Melbourne and Perth.

(location of the show added from the show’s Twitter)

2 Likes

Straight into a Delta performance.

6 Likes

Great to see live variety television back on TV, even if it is a little cringeworthy.

6 Likes

The Billy’s Bus draw was the final segment of the night, with the winning pair - 21-year-old Liam Dunne and his mother - taking home a brand new Mitsubishi Triton as part of the big prize, which also included staying at Oval Hotel at Adelaide Oval for five nights, tickets to Gather Round matches, and wine tasting.

The special finished at around 11.20pm, with the minibus taking the four losing pairs from Adelaide Entertainment Centre straight back to Melbourne :laughing:

2 Likes

Clearly we need more live variety back on our screens.

GTV9 use to be king in this space.

7 Likes

Agree, but certainly not weekly. These one-off specials and even the state-based telethons that are on throughout the year are good.

1 Like

From Adelaide on Sunday

2 Likes

Same temporary set as Today show’s broadcast on Friday morning.

1 Like

Need a bigger desk

2 Likes

7 News Perth enters the chat

8 Likes

Eddie McGuire has reflected on a “confronting” period in The Footy Show’s history, saying he felt for sacked host Craig Hutchison.

McGuire has watched some of a two-part documentary on the TV juggernaut, produced by Jam TV for the show’s 30th anniversary.

“The first show is about the years that I hosted it, with Sam (Newman) and Trev (Marmalade) and Ian Johnson and how it started and how it just took off. And then the changeover when Garry (Lyon) and James Brayshaw came in and then Rebecca Maddern, and then Hutchy,” McGuire said on the Sounding Board podcast.

“It was actually quite confronting to see the last part of it to be perfectly honest. I felt a bit for Hutchy. I wasn’t really following The Footy Show … I was spending a bit more time overseas, working and doing breakfast radio.

“It brought back a lot of memories and a lot of things I had forgotten about.”

The documentary is believed to be airing on Nine after the Olympics.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/you-get-less-for-murder-james-brayshaw-reveals-reason-he-was-barred-from-uber-for-six-years/news-story/af0d72f196b057d4344a954463084b59

The full episode of The Sounding Board podcast with Eddie McGuire is available here

3 Likes