The Doctor Blake Mysteries

It wouldn’t be the first time that Seven has had to learn a lesson after foolishly letting something go: Neighbours.

2 Likes

I would expect this to be quite likely to happen… they will be looking at a new slate of content for next year and DBM would fit perfectly.

2 Likes

The small number of episodes for each season also suits Seven’s early season schedule for 2018. Assuming the show is renewed for 8 episodes, it can finish just before the Commonwealth Games in early April.

1 Like

I say this is serious and will more likely happen than not!

DBM is one of the only shows I really loved and watched regularly on the ABC (apart from Midsomer Murders :stuck_out_tongue:)

PLEASE SEVEN… SAVE DOCTOR BLAKE

1 Like

I’m surprised Foxtel wasn’t sniffing around it. Either way I hope 7 does pick it up, it would be great publicity for them.

1 Like

Only negative… Ads :persevere:

It has been. There was talk about the interest from Foxtel just a few weeks back.

Well if rumours are correct this will be great news. @LukeMovieMan watching the show with ads is a small price to pay.

2 Likes

Yep, very true.

1 Like

The ABC has told News Corp pre-production on the telemovie starts this month, and shooting will be from late August until mid-September. Production company December Media is believed to have been in talks with all the commercial networks as well as Foxtel, Netflix and Stan in recent months.

1 Like

Series 5

From Sunday 17 September at 8:30pm

Doctor Lucien Blake and his long-suffering housekeeper and confidant Jean Beazley now face a new future together, full of possibility… but life has a few more surprises in store for the both of them.

Once again they’ll be confronted by murder and mystery at every turn. From the boxing ring to a new French bistro, from an exotic camp of travelling Romani gypsies to the local Debutante Ball…

And amongst all of this, loyalties will be tested, friendships will be strained and faith will be challenged. Will Blake and Jean finally find the happiness they so richly deserve? Is Charlie ready for more responsibility at the Station? How will Rose work with two generations of the Tyneman’s? And who is the avenging nemesis from the past?

Doctor Blake is ready to solve a series of strange and shocking crimes. But he’s about to discover that each and every one of his actions has consequences. And no good deed ever goes unpunished…

1 Like

Do we know anymore about potential new financiers of the show?

Seven?

Lots of rumours. A recent article with Craig McLachlan strongly hinted it.

Would no doubt rate well and probably higher (being Seven) in total people, but they’re so focussed on key demos, so who knows?

Prime7’s Ballarat sub-market would tune-in in droves :wink:

1 Like

A deal may have been struck but they may be restricted from revealing it before the current season ends.

4 Likes

Yep. This.

1 Like

Could the show get a mention on Seven’s upfronts this Friday?

The telemovie will be shown straight after the current series.

Would be interesting, given they cancelled A Place To Call Home which I assume would have been similar demo’s yet rated higher.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense for Seven to have it. The show is pulling great ratings, it fits their audience and has a well established fan base. Hopefully we will know when upfronts happen.

2 Likes

Apparently the West Australian has reported on discussions with Seven so the rumours may be true.

Herald Sun reports that Seven will announce at Friday’s upfronts that Doctor Blake will be on the network in 2018, but as a series of telemovies staggered during the year, rather than a short-run season.

2 Likes