The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Seems odd that Seven is chasing older demos, which is not their problem. Especially that in recent past they’ve axed high rating dramas due to demos. I also wonder if the ABC crowd will move across to commercial television given that ads are an anathema to most of them.

Not if they’ve got a 25-54s (more towards the 45-54 ages) or certainly 55+ sponsor coming on board. Remember Seven have always been about bragging rights with total people. While we talk key demos, total people is still a strength of Seven’s, add to that regional.

That’s what I always argue but keep getting told it’s only about demos. I just wish we’d stop moving the goalposts.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Tell that to fans of A Place to Call Home.

8 Likes

Next week’s issue of TV Week (on sale from Monday November 19) has a feature interview with Nadine Garner about her role in the Blake Mysteries telemovie. That means an announcement on its premiere won’t be too far away.

1 Like

Friday is Doctor Blake’s old timeslot for most of its run.

2 Likes

@littlegezzybear

2 Likes

Does the ABC still have the ownership of the Twitter account for Doctor Blake Mysteries? The production company should have taken it over to provide discussion.
Also the hashtags for tonight’s telemovie are all over the place.

Past episodes are streaming on Seven Plus.

2 Likes

Why can’t you just watch the movie and enjoy it without spoiling it by wasting your time tweeting and chatting on forums? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Noticed Nadine is a producer on this New Blake.

Total flop on Seven, ratingswise. Not sure why they bothered. Never going to work on commercial FTA.

wheres your proof last nigthts raitngs arnt even posted

Friday was always going to be a bad night to debut something new. Would’ve had a chance on Monday/Tuesday but not Friday.

1 Like

Plus it started 15 minutes late. Still unlikely to be a success on Seven, particularly with so many ads. It skews old, which doesn’t help.

It’s of course a disappointing result but as has been discussed it’s not surprising really.
Anyway l loved it and thought Nadine did a fabulous job.

1 Like

That’s why I said it flopped ratingswise.

If it remained on the ABC the result would have been completely different l believe anyway.

6 Likes

Exclusively on 7 plus right from the beginning of the series.

1 Like