The Crown

New trailer for Season 4 of The Crown.

1 Like

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/13/entertainment/the-crown-season-4-premiere/index.html

Emma Corrin (Princess Diana) said:

We never recreate things just for the sake of recreating them. I think if we do recreate a scene — like the engagement scene, for instance, when they do the announcement — it has to be because it’s linked to something that the characters are going through. It has to be part of the story. It has to further the plot, basically.
The wedding scene, you can YouTube it and you could be watching it in 10 seconds so I don’t think there’d be any point in us recreating it.

1 Like

The Crown showed the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, which included both original film and a re-creation. The Coronation has been on YouTube for many years, long before The Crown series premiered. Film of Prince Charles Investiture as the Prince of Wales has also been on YouTube for some years, but The Crown recreated the Investiture.

If the producers didn’t want to show the wedding, then fine. Just don’t give such a lame excuse.

I get where you’re coming from, but at the end of the day it’s The Crown not The Heir.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Netflix

UPDATE 7/12 - Netflix has hit back:

Netflix has released the first images of season 5 of The Crown, featuring Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana and Dominic West as Prince Charles.

UPDATE 26/9: season 5 will premiere in November 2022.

1 Like

Teenager Rufus Kampa assumes the role of Prince William aged 15, while Ed McVey will portray the prince’s later teen and early adult years. Newcomer Meg Bellamy has been cast as Kate. All three are new to television roles.

UPDATE 18/10
Netflix has posted new images for the long-awaited fifth season, featuring Queen Elizabeth (Imelda Staunton), Princess Diana (Elizabeth Debicki) and then Prince Charles (Dominic West).
https://www.kidspot.com.au/lifestyle/entertainment/netflix-drops-new-info-on-fifth-series-of-the-crown-images-and-trailer-hint/news-story/318819fcf756d18b9fc4c3b5207e8481

UPDATE 21/10

Another great season, I dont think any other show does character development like The Crown.

but that ending seemed a bit flat, they took the season to 1997 but did not kill off Diana? That would have been an epic final moment, so much build up for it to just fizz out. Its going to be difficult for them to rebuild the magnitude and anticipation of the event early in the next season.

next season is going to be one big culling with Diana, Margaret and the queen mother presumably dying early in the season.

Probably going to use it to hype the next season.

I’m finding this season quite flat too. The episodes are very slow and I don’t like how they focus on one event for almost a whole episode. What the hell was with the Al Fayed episode? Completely not needed.

Yeah it was weird that they had the Al Fayed episode at that point in the season, then barely had any follow up to show the audience why it was there. That episode would have probably been better placed at the start of next season. perhaps season 6 will be completely dedicated to Diana’s death and the fallout.

IIRC when this season started production, the plan was for it to be the last. I’m glad they decided to do a 6th season, but the lack of planning & structuring shows.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Part 1 was terrible. By previous seasons standards. So let’s hope Part 2 wraps it up nicely.

1 Like

450 props from the series are being auctioned. Online bidding opens later this week.

UPDATE 10/2