The Coronation of The King and The Queen Consort media coverage

3 Likes

Probably a bit of editing (versus a live broadcast) might help tighten it up though

3 Likes

Nine showed more of the concert lead up than the Stan replay.

1 Like

In a late change, Nine will also repeat the Coronation Concert tonight at 9pm

1 Like

I’ve seen little bits of the concert on Ch9 and it’s actually not too bad.

1 Like

American Idol

2 Likes

It’s embarrassing that the biggest artists they could have play at the Coronation Concert were two American singers who are judges on a reality show.

5 Likes

That was cringe, who signed off on that in the royal household?

Leave the trashy American stuff to Harry & Meghan.

1 Like

I thought that was alright, if a bit odd.

1 Like

Funny that you both mentioned this, my comment in the ratings thread today, as heard on 3AW radio this morning:

Saw another comment on TVT this morning saying similar, that he was “awkward and clunky”, not the first time he’s been used either. Similer for mine with most of the local capital city male anchors around Australia, TBH. And yes the national identities such as from the breakfast shows, morning shows, public affairs and national bulletins seem to do better, coming across more natural and meshing with their partners. Ally might’ve worked again better with Karl, but I guess Nine are trying to distance her from that era now with ACA. Overton alone and the two together just didn’t work and they were lucky they had that Melbourne audience tune-in (helped by Seven’s AFL situation) or could’ve been even worse. Not helped either by that small studio/desk focus, let alone not travelling in the first place. And tend to agree with you and the TVT reader too.

Probably all Harry’s fault for (rightly or wrongly) portraying the Royals as racist.

I read somewhere that may have influenced the decision by some artists to not perform.

The King allegedly said “we can never be on time” and “there’s always something”, after he and Camilla arrived in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach, and were forced to wait for his son William, the Prince of Wales, and Princess Catherine before entering the abbey.

The Waleses were due to appear at 10.45am, while the King and Queen’s arrival had been tightly scheduled for 10.53am.

Eventually, the King and Queen entered, with William and Catherine forced to join the procession through the abbey, along with Louis and Charlotte, instead of entering before him.

2 Likes

A masthead wrap on Australia’s viewership, however not written by somebody really familiar with TV ratings:

3 Likes

Media Watch addressed the controversy surrounding ABC’s panel discussion before the Coronation.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s all Harry.

The 20 million watching doesn’t count to those watching via smartphones or tablets or at Buckingham Palace

I’m not sure what figure you’re referring to, but absolutely VOD devices would be counted.

1 Like
1 Like