The Coronation of The King and The Queen Consort media coverage

Didn’t think there was any problem on 10?

Full coverage? Only went for 16 minutes?

The concert will be shown live on Stan tomorrow morning at 5:30am.

1 Like

I am sure there will be more photos from the Coronation in Monday’s papers.

1 Like

Does the local library have digital access to the papers? Try that.

Ratings are in. Seven won the night. ABC had the highest rated entry of the night (ABC + ABC News).

3 Likes

Overton was the wrong host for this. I don’t think utilising a local state based presenters for national events is the right decision.Viewers outside of NSW barely know him. Seven opted to use national based presenters.

5 Likes

I thought the Australian was digital-only anyway (for today’s paper)

Murdoch papers to sell a souvenir magazine on May 17.

Ratings are a vindication for 7’s investment having hosts and commentators on location.

3 Likes

Being sold in a limited amount in capital cities.

Read the online version, only 16 pages.

1 Like

Found on Twitter

3 Likes

Well done 7. Really good coverage. Good ratings result.

2 Likes

The Total TV ratings show approx 3.636 million watched FTA nation wide incl BVOD.

3 Likes

I agree, he was fantastic last night, as he was on the evening when the Queen passed away.

3 Likes

Yes I must admit that Seven had the better product out of all the networks last night. The extra investment in sending more resources over to cover it paid off.

4 Likes

IIRC a lot of people complained that ABC’s coverage of the Queen’s passing was too “one-sided” and didn’t present a critical perspective on the monarchy. But whatever ABC does it will never win, it will always be accused of being “too woke” by the right wing nutters, and “too Murdoch” by the left wing nutters – both sides seeing extreme bias when in reality probably none exists.

Either way, I didn’t see ABC’s coverage much at all, I stuck with Ten for most of it, expecting to be among the dozens of others doing the same, though Ten actually managed a decent figure by its usual standards. It was a basic coverage but I think did all that it needed to.

8 Likes

same on TV3 in NZ

Anyone watching 6pm bulletins on East Coast? Weirdly 9 Melbourne isn’t leading with the Coronation. Just some missing women who’s been found, but we knew she’d been found on Friday.

2 Likes