The Cheap Seats

Watch out Mel T!

Maybe they can create a third segment for Nath to join Entertainment and Sport.

1 Like

This show seems to be gaining a bit of momentum. I think it can grow even more next year if paired with a strong lead in.

2 Likes
3 Likes

When they were busy taking the piss out of the satellite delay between Matt Doran and a guest on Weekend Sunrise Tim said “This will work for Titus” :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

That gaming and tech segment was shithouse.

Matt Doran and Rob Brough are not coming off very well are they. And I’m here for it :rofl:

The games and tech segment was so awkward and just a lot of rambling.

Felt like the show was way off-form tonight.

Hopefully they come back next week to finish the year off strong.

Tonight’s episode was fine, until Naomi Higgins’ guest segment.

1 Like

Hopefully next year they make some changes, like they did with HYBPA but instead of extending it like they did with that, they should reduce to it 30minutes twice a week. Have Nath do entertainment on one night and Titus or someone do sports the other show and have them focus more on the two hosts and keep it very fast paced. Would also help 10s post 8.30 schedule.

Numbers were very high last night, also winning its timeslot.

3 Likes

There’s no need to mess with things too much when the ratings have stayed consistent the whole season.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Tonight’s show (another great ep) included the news of Dylan Alcott’s retirement from tennis, so obviously recorded today.

And, good to see the Rob Brough wink shared with a wider audience

3 Likes

The final segment of tonight’s show focused on the banter between Katrina Blowers and Ben Murphy on Seven News Brisbane. Funny and cringey at the same time.

1 Like

Just an idea, I think the Cheap Seats should do a Christmas Day special.
could be pre-recorded with a recap of the year.

Given the absolute dearth of things on tv, it would be a good way of promoting the show by having some original content on the day.

The Panel years ago used to do a Christmas Day special, surely the Cheap Seats pre-recorded would require less effort than a live Panel show.

anyways, like I said, just an idea.

7 Likes

Great idea! Id like something like to watch on Christmas night. I miss The Panel specials.

Speaking of The Panel - do we think it could come back? Obvs it would need some Working Dog power behind it… but maybe introduce some new comics like TCS has done.

Maybe just wishful thinking.

2 Likes

No, since Working Dog have said they have moved on from it. What would be so different from The Cheap Seats and The Panel?