The Chaser's War on Everything

Thought I’d start a thread about The Chasers War on Everything.
I’ve gone down the YouTube spiral of Chasers clips.
Even today they are still bloody hilarious.

I’d kill for a new series in 2022 but political correctness would destroy them :sob:

7 Likes

Fun times. They would last only one week

3 Likes

I love this show :heart:

2 Likes

Amazing to think how long ago this was now (feels like it was yesterday)

Real testament to the quality of the show that it still hold up now

Really interesting to think how a TV show such as this (on the ABC no less) was able to cut through as much as it did (when they gatecrashed APEC it made headlines)

7 Likes

The APEC stunt 15 years ago was gold TV! Wouldn’t be allowed today due to tightened security

6 Likes

Gee, wonder why they decided to tighten security? :slight_smile: lol

3 Likes

What about this?

2 Likes

If you haven’t listened to the audio commentary for each episode on the DVD’s before I highly recommended it some great insight into how the stunts were done.

There is also an election specials DVD with audio commentary which I re watch each time there is a new federal election.

Too bad we never got a DVD set with every CNNNN episode on it.

2 Likes

The Hamster Wheel has never been released digitally but there are videos on YouTube

1 Like

This was THE BEST show.

2 Likes

I did work experience at Channel 9 when The Chaser were at their peak. One day I got a quick tour around A Current Affair’s production cottage and can remember seeing a photo behind the reception desk…it was a print out of the Chaser boys with “DO NOT ADMIT” written in thick Sharpie underneath. They weren’t taking any chances!

8 Likes

They also targeted the East Coast Today Tonight

I still have the DVDs and re-watched them for the first time in years last year. It holds up really well and it’s crazy we are 15-16 years removed from it all. For all the controversy they caused back in 06/07 they wouldn’t have a chance in hell getting away with even half the stuff they got away with back then.

We only got that compilation DVD which is a shame. But CNNN is on YouTube

2 Likes

I think The Hamster Wheel is quite underrated. That was the last output from The Chaser I found enjoyable.

1 Like

For a long time, every episode was available on YouTube. However, only a few eps are still available now - guessing some type of rights issue resulted in the other eps being taken down.

1 Like

Which is sad.

1 Like

4 Likes

The Chaser used to have a TV series during the election campaign season until 2013

1 Like

The last one was for the 2016 Election called “The Chaser’s Election Desk”

2 Likes

This too hasn’t been released digitally