The Chase Australia

Just saw a promo for a Dancing with the Stars special event.
Monday at 5.00.

2 Likes

6 Likes

This will be Ricki-Lee’s second time on The Chase (the first being a celebrity special that went to air in 2019).

Oops Seven. In the third cap, you can tell which contestants make it through to the final chase (Ricki-Lee and Todd), because Kylie and Grant’s names are slightly faded out in grey.

2 Likes

Dancing With the Stars: All Stars take on The Chase

Will it be murder on the dancefloor for the Supernerd?

They’re All Stars on the dancefloor, but can they outfox-trot The Supernerd? Find out when The Chase Dancing With The Stars: All Stars edition premieres 5.00pm Monday, 14 February on Channel 7 and 7plus.

In the special event, Dancing With the Stars: All Stars’ Kylie Gillies, Ricki-Lee, Grant Denyer and Todd McKenney will need more than fancy footwork to tango with this fast-paced race of razor-sharp trivia.

“You’re on my turf here, so watch out!” warns The Supernerd, refusing to be overshadowed by any shining stars.

The Chase host and former Dancing With the Stars contestant, Larry Emdur, says the upcoming special episode is not to be missed: “This has got to be one of my favourite episodes of The Chase . They were all behaving like naughty, out-of-control school kids.

“Ricki-Lee was awesome fun. We all got the chance to judge Todd and, of course, it was great to see Kylie sweat a little. And seeing Grant try to be a contestant instead of a host was uncomfortably fabulous!”

The Chase is an ITV Studios Australia production for the Seven Network based on the original ITV quiz show.

4 Likes

When was the last time Grant was a contestant on a game show?

Kylie is at the desk as well though?

1 Like

Reminds me of the old “Dancing with the Deal” that they used to do on Deal or No deal before every season :joy:

Thanks for that - I’ve started filling out my application and have to film a video audition to submit too but I’ll see if I can get on there.

2 Likes

The DWTS Special of The Chase aired today. Watching the commercials prior to show, it did look like that Ricki-Lee was in the final chase, but it wasn’t the case. In the final chase was Todd, Kylie and Grant.

Kylie and Grant seemed to have surprised emotions frequently when Issa answered his questions correctly in the last round! Have they not watch the show before?

1 Like

Very interesting decision by 7 to change the TCA episode last minute. Tonight’s episode would’ve been better suited as a Monday episode ratings-wise, and the competitiveness by both the chaser and team. Brydon only fell 1 step short of a 24 step target in tonight’s episode.

Whereas yesterday’s episode would have been better suited being played on a Tuesday on another week considering Cheryl had a off-game in that particular episode.

Problem with that is it makes the week’s episodes more predictable. Unpredictability can help maintain ratings across the entire week.

2 Likes

Issa ‘The Super Nerd’ is reported to be currently in the UK filming for Beat The Chasers UK as a ‘Guest Chaser’ from Australia, and will be filling in for one of the UK chasers who wasn’t able to attend filming.

5 Likes

Issa is replacing Anne

6 Likes

Any plans for more Beat the Chasers Australia. Hopefully if they do they ditch the grand final idea - that just didn’t work at all.

I guess though Seven will love this hook for showing the next UK series.

1 Like

Just a little bit of pub trivia here: Anne Hegerty is related to the Royal Family. Her cousin is Queen Elizabeth. Well, they’re 19th cousins, which is very distant. But still a good claim to have. lol.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/the-chase-star-anne-hegerty-shocked-to-learn-queen-is-her-cousin/news-story/c4201c7166d7e3fc875cc561ce900528

On another note - I do hope that Seven will air the Beat The Chasers UK here at some time - since Issa the Super Nerd being there.

3 Likes

First preview of the upcoming 5th Series of Beat The Chasers UK.

ITV just used Issa’s ‘Beat The Chasers Australia’ look in their series 5 logo, I would assume ITV just grabbed the footage from BTC Australia and pasted it in the UK intro, despite the slightly different outfit (He’s wearing a black shirt for BTC UK instead of the white shirt he used in BTC Australia).

7 Likes

Brydon Coverdale aka The Shark has written a memoir titled The Quiz Masters. Published by Allen and Unwin, it will be released on Tuesday, May 31.

Brydon will appear at a free book signing at Robinsons Bookshop at Melbourne’s Highpoint Shopping Centre on Saturday, June 11 at 2pm.

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeDcphBjsKu/

2 Likes

I wonder what’s happening with this? A second season of Beat The Chasers was announced in April 2021 but we haven’t heard anything since?

4 Likes

Didn’t really rate well last time??