The Chase Australia

Looking at that video it appears he lost it when he turned his head and noticed the phone filming. The Australian has the footage of him in the van, facing forward, then turns to the side and notices the phone camera in perfect shot, then lost his shit.

Very sad.

3 Likes

If that footage that I saw online was AOK, then all I can say is he needs ALL THE HELP he can get hold of. Heā€™s truly mentally unstable now and his alleged actions have cost him his career and reputation.

What a fall from grace for someone who was once at least respected and liked by some.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very disturbing to see.

1 Like

There is a point though where protecting potential victims has to take priority over the culprits own mental health issues behind the actions when they continue to be repeated.

9 Likes

Problem is it should have been done after last time. It has gotten past that now, punching and kicking are clearly aggressive actions.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s why he needs help. Jail wonā€™t solve his mental health issues, only axherbate it.

5 Likes

I agree. A mandatory sentencing to a mental institution would be the best option for someone with such obvious mental health and substance abuse issues. I had read on the online grapevine that he had previously basically gone straight from rehab onto a week-long drugs bender. Madness.

4 Likes

Yes agreed depending on Australian state if he poses a danger to himself or others they can have him commited under the mental health act under the state. That includes harming himself or others worth physical violence.

I do hope he gets the help he needs. We just donā€™t know what has triggered this breakdown and I wonā€™t be speculating but will not also be passing judgement. As someone whoā€™s had a me ntal breakdown before I can tell you the damage was not pretty. Obviously I didnā€™t use violence on my partner at the time but rather on myself .

When he gets better I hope he can take responsibility and be a better person from this. He deserves a second chance at life (maybe not in media obviously, mental health is still a taboo subject in Australian media)

3 Likes

I think itā€™s fairly clear that substance abuse is at the root of his problems. He was a high functioning, law abiding member of the community until the substance abuse got out of control. It is likely heā€™s developed a long term mental disorder as a result of the drug abuse, particularly if heā€™s suffered depression in the past. Ice will change even the most placid individual into a monster. Thereā€™s a lesson in this for all of us. Stay away from the shit.

If he ends up in prison it may be the motivation he needs to change. I feel for his kids.

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter whether Andrew is put in jail or rehab, as long as he stays far far away from ice. I sincerely hope he has a better future.

1 Like

Heā€™s been in and out of rehab for years. He clearly isnā€™t taking the problem seriously if he keeps falling into old habits.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we dont know what is the root cause by his addiction like I said I refuse to start judging him as a mental health worker prior to COVID i worked with cases like his all the time and trust me when you get to know the person by their issue you look for good things to help them .
Anyway Iā€™ll leave it at that . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I donā€™t think addiction is that straight forward unfortunately

4 Likes

Iā€™ve also worked in the mental health field in the past and the hardest part is the person in question has to want help and admit to themselves the issues are ruining their lives and the people around them family etc.And going on media reports so far Andrew isnā€™t in that mindset just yet.
I do feel for the alleged victim in this case and that person deserves justice.
In this case itā€™s playing out in the public eye which is even harder for the person because a public downfall of a once successful career is something that would require many years of ongoing treatment.A short stint in rehab isnā€™t going to solve his addictions.
And unfortunately some people can never overcome the addictions, this sounds very cruel but prison in some cases is what is needed to force the person to face their demons.
I personally know mental health professionals here in Melbourne who work in the prison system.And other states would also have mental health professionals for prisons
I believe the best outcome for Andrew is a court based order placing him in a mental health facility for a long term period where he will receive the necessary help, going on media reports his latest addiction with drugs (ice)is the most dangerous for people around him because a drug induced psychotic episode can result in tragic consequences.
With him having a once high profile in television and media interest in the case it is highlighting mental health to the public.
I do wish Andrew all the best on the long road ahead.

BTW any addictions are life long issues which people cope and manage on a daily basis.

On a different note this pandemic unfortunately has created mental health issues for so many in our world and we have to support and help others in any way we canā€¦ talking about it is one of the first steps in the long road ahead.

6 Likes

Also meth is extraordinary hard to break from and causes so many issues, if anything his situation should highlight the issues with that drug as well as violence against women.

5 Likes

Itā€™s new The Chase from tomorrow?
Then is it airing during the Winter Olympics?

4 Likes

Yes and yes.

5 Likes

Update: some changes to The Chase during the Olympics - varies per market.

Wed 9th - 30 minute or 60 min repeat
Thu 10th - out of schedule or repeat

3 Likes

Should have just given the show a rest.

3 Likes

Applications are now open for the current season. The good news is that it is not limited to NSW residents. You must be aged at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of Australia and currently living in Australia.

2 Likes